Last year, my then fiancée Shipra, took to the blog to write a series of posts about her perspective as a Novice Miles & Points enthusiast. You can read some of those posts here:
- The Novice Perspective: Initiating my Fiancée to Points & Miles
- The Novice Perspective: Getting used to Airport Lounges
- The Novice Perspective: Benefiting from hotel loyalty programs
- The Novice Perspective: Maximising hotel promotions is a fun game!
- The Novice Perspective: Choosing credit cards to fuel the travel passion
- The Novice Perspective: Airline loyalty pays off
- The Novice Perspective: What is your motivation to travel?
- The Novice Perspective: identifying my travel style
Regular readers would have noticed Shipra came back much more impressed with the power of our currency of miles & points and started taking a lot more interest ever since. She has been writing on the blog for a while now and you can find a lot of her writings here. She also made her debut on the trip reports where she tracks our Nepal trip.Last weeks, she has written some very interesting pieces, one on the First Class Wife, in response to a sorry piece by the Daily Mail stereotyping the Economy Wives.
She got an impressive response to the rebuff, which I encourage all of you to read. So, in humor, she’s now chosen to use the moniker First Class Wife going forward for her own self ;). Before you guys raise up this to be sexist, hey, she loves her share of first class travels, and hence the name.
As an experienced hand at a global airline, Shipra knew enough about planes and airlines since she got out of college. She actually had access to the cheapest way to fly after Miles & Points (ID90 tickets and buddy passes!) Eventually she got bored and went off for her MBA, and now she is back and running the India ops of an organisation we’ve all run into perhaps at some point of time as a follower of this blog.
She is now coming through with her own Social Media presence, and you can follow her here:
If you prefer old school email, you can always reach her on shipra at livefromalounge dot com.
As usual, you can reach me at the following channels as well:
- Twitter: @livefromalounge (easiest way to tip me off on something, or ask me a question)
- Instagram: @livefromalounge (follow my journeys in pictures)
- Snapchat: @livefromalounge (follow my journeys interactively)
To reach me, the email has always been at ajay at livefromalounge dot com. If you don’t have us on your Facebook feed, you’ll miss some of our updates. You can find us here.
And yes, while we are at it, please do go and subscribe to our Youtube channel where we have some video reviews uploaded, and more coming soon.
Please keep the bouquets and the brickbats coming, and we’ll strive for more coming your way all the time!