Ajay Awtaney is the Founder and Editor of Live From A Lounge (LFAL), a pioneering digital platform renowned for publishing news and views about aviation, hotels, passenger experience, loyalty programs, travel trends and frequent travel tips for the Global Indian. He is considered the Indian authority on business travel, luxury travel, frequent flyer miles, loyalty credit cards and travel for Indians around the globe.
Ajay launched LFAL in 2011 during his time at an investment management firm, where he developed his keen sense for maximising travel experiences while minimising spends. Since then, LFAL has established itself as a travel and lifestyle platform, expanding its editorial content to include flight and hotel reviews, video reviews as well as event activations. The tone of voice used is B2B2C, intending to take the edge off the usually complicated world of aviation and travel.
Ajay speaks at events about business travel, building customer loyalty, aviation and passenger experience. He has been featured in the Conde Nast Traveller and has been quoted in various magazines and news media including Straits Times, USA Today, Business Standard, The Hindu, Mint (an associate of WSJ), Mashable, DNA India.
Please contact email@example.com with any media / PR / speaking engagement or general frequent flyer enquiries.
January 21, 2020: ET Now, India Development Debate
- What an Air India buyer will get: Debt, old aircraft, little-used Star Alliance creds and lots of extra employees
- Why a Mumbai-Phuket round trip could cost as much as flying to Bengaluru and back
- Soon, forgetting a passport need not be your greatest travel fear
CNBC TV18 Columns
- Jet Airways’ frequent flier programme JetPrivilege is now InterMiles. The benefits and riders explained
Conde Nast Traveller India
Check out my features on CNNGo:
- October 2011: Cheat sheet for airborne business travelers
- November 2011: Mumbai’s 10 best business hotels
I write for the Conde Nast Traveller:
- December 2011: New Delhi’s Business hotels
- April 2012: Delhi Airport Guide – Jet, Set, Go
- April 2012: Hotel Loyalty in India – Part 1
- June 2012: Beyond the Karman Line
I write a column for moneylife:
- March 12, 2012: Booked to fly Kingfisher Airlines? Here is what to do
- June 21, 2012: Where will you fly next with an Indian airline?
I’ve been quoted here:
- December 2011: The New Indian Express
- March 2012: Hindustan Times on Social Media for Airlines in India
- May 2013: Hindustan Times on Unbundling of airfares in India
- July 2013: Hindustan Times on Air India’s 787s
Dear, Sir I hear if I book frequently book in jet airways, I heard they will offer business class ticket same price of economy class ticket price. please guide me.
Hi, this is a good resource for sharing information. Please add me to the subscription list.