Hello everyone from Mumbai. Dusshera went by last week which means Diwali is right around the corner. And with Diwali come some incredible deals. Airlines, hotels, banks… everyone wants a piece of the action. About time I start making my shopping list. You can meanwhile catch up on all things related to travel and more in our weekly recap.
Our Top Stories
While it is difficult to answer the question about which is the best credit card out there, our list of Diwali Credit Cards promotions should help you supercharge your shopping experience. If you are still looking for an Amex credit card, the Membership Rewards Credit Card is now available for lifetime free! On top of that, you get money for signing up.
- All the Diwali Credit Card Offers to maximise in 2018!
- World of Hyatt guts Cash & Points from November 1!
- Get paid to signup up for [lifetime free] Amex Membership Rewards Credit Card!
News and Views
Air India will be (re)launching its direct flights between Mumbai and New York this winter. With whispers about a flight to Nairobi, the Maharaja hopes to carve a niche in the long-haul market. If you are flying to New York on Qatar Airways instead, you can experience the new A350-1000. Air India is Star Alliance, Qatar Airways is oneworld, Hertz is Skyteam!? Yes, apparently non-airlines could become alliance members as well.
- Air India launching Mumbai to New York JFK nonstop flights on Dec 7
- Over 9 Million accounts hacked at Cathay Pacific
- Will Taj regain India’s top Hotel brand crown by 2022?
- Qatar Airways to fly the new Airbus A350-1000 to New York, Singapore, Tokyo
- Hyderabad airport to move international departures to interim terminal
- ITC Grand Goa accepting bookings from November 1
- A car rental company is a member of an airline alliance?
- Air Tanzania launching Mumbai to Dar-e-Salaam non-stop flights
On her way back to Dubai, Rohini spent some time at the Plaza Premium Lounge at Rome’s Leonardo da Vinci International Airport. The lounge looks quite spacious and the alcohol options did not disappoint.
- A Roman Holiday: Introduction
- Review: Emirates EK99 Dubai to Rome, Economy (Boeing 777-300ER)
- Hotel Review: The Westin Excelsior Rome, Italy
- Review: Plaza Premium Lounge Rome
- Review: Emirates EK 100 Rome to Dubai, Economy (Boeing 777-300ER)
Cards and Rewards
When it comes to credit cards, don’t stop at collecting bonus points. Double dip for even more! You can derive even more value out of the HDFC Happy hours promo by shopping at select partners. Staying at a Marriott hotel? Here’s your opportunity to earn United Miles as well. JetPrivilege on the other is running a very generous 70% conversion bonus promotion.
- World of Hyatt Category 8: Coming soon?
- Up to 40% bonus on Hyatt points purchases!
- Here is how to double dip the HDFC 10X Happy Hours
- Up to 15X Bonus Membership Rewards Points booking with American Express Travel
- Get 70% bonus JPMiles on conversions!
- Get 90K Miles via 5X Citi points on PayTM wallet loads
- Earn United Airlines bonus miles on Marriott Stays
- ICICI Amex Card Offer: Get Marriott Vouchers on Spends!
- Double Hilton Honors points on paying with Visa credit cards
Deals with Appeal
Popular online shopping portals like Amazon and Flipkart ran another round of sales. What did you pick up there? IndiGo meanwhile was selling air tickets starting at INR 899. Ironic, as they blame competition for these rock-bottom airfares.
- IndiGo 899 Sale: Fly Domestic for INR 899 and International for INR 3399[Expired]
- AirPods at INR 9K, Bose Headphones(50% off), MacBook Air (26% off) and more![Expired]
Mileage Mentor MasterClass
We’re conducting the Mileage Mentor MasterClass one last time at Mumbai later next month. Make sure to grab a spot soon. And as this is the festive season, pick up your tickets with our special offer.
Have a great week ahead!