Hello everyone. As my first week at here comes to an end, I want to thank all of your for the warm welcome on the site and on Twitter. Last week was a special one for us as we completed seven years on the internet. As an avid follower, it is amazing how Ajay and Shipra have built such a vibrant community around the website. Here is our weekly roundup for you to catch up on all of our last week’s stories.
Weekly Roundup of our Top Stories
This week has been all about dirty pesky little creatures, who made their way on to Air India planes. Funny thing is, Air India deemed it important to not give any empathy or compensation to multiple customers who reported incidents. They rather put them in an economy seat and continue with their blind eye.
- Bed Bugs bite kids in Air India Business Class from New York
- Marriott Rewards & SPG to combine on August 18
- Flydubai to move to Emirates Skywards from August 1
News and Views
Imagine 19 hours on a metal tube. Let’s make it better by throwing in Singapore Airlines’ hospitality and put you up in Business Class. Now let’s offer you those seats on points, not cash. Interested? SQ has just released seats for the new Singapore to Newark All premium flight which will be the longest flight in the world. Also, As Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest combine, we pick our best suggestions to book before the new award chart goes live.
- Business Class Available on World’s Longest Flight on Miles
- 10 not-to-miss Marriott Rewards redemption options in India
Cards and Rewards
How about a few JPMiles for the bookworm in you. You have till August 31 to make up your mind.
Deals with Appeal
Money-saving deals on your next flight to meet the Queen or visit her proteges in Hong Kong. Here is how to save money on travel for the rest of the year.
- British Airways First Class ex-LHR/DEL/BOM from GBP 2500/INR 1,88,000!
- Up to INR 9,000 off with Cathay Pacific discount code!
- 20% off on IndiGo buy-on-board with MasterCard
And while we are on the topic of saving money, how about picking up a Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card for 50% cash and 100% of the benefits? Happy reading and hope you have a great week ahead!