Call it the Axis Bank effect, or it was in the works for a long time before (It is the latter!). At least the thought was, and perhaps the implementation got fast-tracked with Axis Bank beating them to the finish line. Back in the day, HDFC Bank’s Diners Club Black product used to have an excellent list of partners, which went away overnight. HDFC Bank has added many new transfer partners to their premium credit cards, HDFC Bank Infinia and HDFC Bank Diners Club Black.
HDFC Bank adds 14 new transfer partners
Here is a screen grab new transfer page that has been activated by HDFC Bank (although it is via their third-party partner Rewards360, so it works on an external site).
Here are the new partners and the transfer ratios:
- Star Alliance
- Air Canada Aeroplan: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 0.5 Aeroplan Miles
- Avianca LifeMiles: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 LifeMile
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
- United MileagePlus Miles:1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 0.5 MileagePlus Mile
- oneworld Alliance
- British Airways Avios: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 0.5 Avios
- Finnair Plus: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Finnair Plus Point
- SkyTeam Alliance
- KLM/Air France Flying Blue: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Flying Blue Mile
- Vietnam Airlines LotusMiles: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 LotusMiles
- AirAsia Rewards: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 AirAsia Point
- Etihad Guest: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 0.5 Etihad Guest Points
- Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Fortune Wings Club Point
- Accor ALL: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 ALL Point
- IHG One: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 IHG One Point
- Wyndham Rewards: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Wyndham Rewards Point
And suppose you are interested in Vistara, Singapore Airlines and InterMiles transfers. In that case, those are still available through the older route of logging into Net Banking and initiating a transfer.
You would note that most transfers will be completed with a turnaround time of 24 hours, although they might just be instant (I will try them out and report back when I can). Some have a transfer timeline of 120 hours (5 days), which might indicate that they need to process the miles manually.
With this move, HDFC Bank has put its feet in all three alliances and brought on board some great partners in Turkish, United, Avianca and Etihad Guest.
HDFC Bank has brought up a list of 14 new transfer partners, including partners across all major airline alliances and three hotel chains in their mix. The list includes some first-to-Indian card issuers transfer partners, including Avianca LifeMiles, one of my favourite international programmes, and AeroPlan. Existing partnerships with Singapore Airlines, Vistara and InterMiles continue as well (although they are direct partnerships, and these are via their partner Rewards360). The transfers are now live for Infinia and Diners Club Black.
What do you make of this new list of partners added to HDFC Bank’s Infinia and Diners Club Black Credit Cards? Which one is your favourite addition?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.