Update: For Phase Two of flights from India to other countries, please check here.
While the process of choosing passengers for the flights from other countries to India has been left to the High Commissions/Consulates/Embassies of India in those respective countries, Air India is also selling seats on the outward flights at the moment. In a note circulated by Air India on Social Media, Air India has clearly stated that they will only be selling tickets on the outwards flights to Singapore, United Kingdom and the United States of America for now. Air India Express will fly some passengers to Bahrain and Qatar as well. Malaysia also just got added to the list.
To book these flights, you have to head to this specific Air India website. I have put together a list of all the Air India flights bookable on the Air India website for now. There are also flights to Bahrain.
Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Long Term Pass holders allowed to board.
- Delhi – Singapore on May 7 [Flight Flown] & May 11 (AI 380 operated by a Boeing 787, departing Delhi at 11:15 PM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 25,484 onwards
- Business Class: INR 54,981 onwards
- Mumbai – Singapore on May 9 [Flight Flown] (AI 342 operated by a Boeing 787, departing Mumbai at 11:50 PM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 26,330 onwards
- Business Class: INR 54, 993 onwards
- Kochi – Singapore on May 12 (IX 486 operated by a Boeing 737, departing Kochi at 10:30 AM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 32,000 onwards
- Bengaluru – Singapore on May 13 (AI 1376 operated by an Airbus 320, departing Bengaluru at 09:00 AM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 37,326 onwards
Business Class: INR 77,904 onwards
- Mumbai to London Heathrow on May 8 [Flight Flown], May 12 and May 14 (AI 131 operated by a Boeing 77W, departing Mumbai at 06:30 AM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 61,694 onwards
- Business Tickets: INR 96,472 onwards
First Tickets: INR 230,018 onwards
- Delhi to London Heathrow on May 10[Flight Flown], 11 [Flight Flown], 13 (AI 161 operated by a Boeing 77W, departing Delhi at 02:45 AM)
- Delhi to London Heathrow on May 15 (AI 111 operated by a Boeing 77W, departing Delhi at 02:00 PM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 81,876 onwards
- Business Tickets: INR 189,499 onwards
First Tickets: INR 243,595 onwards
- Delhi to San Francisco on May 8 [Flight Flown] & 12 [Sold Out] (AI 173 operated by a Boeing 77L, departing Delhi at 03:30 AM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 114,180 onwards
- Business Tickets: INR 303,553 onwards
- First Tickets: INR 401,553 onwards
- Mumbai to Newark on May 9 [Flight Flown] (AI 191 operated by a Boeing 77W, departing Mumbai at 01:30 AM) [Sold Out]
- Economy Tickets: INR 135,900 onwards
- Business Tickets: INR 291,376 onwards
- Delhi to Newark on May 13 [Sold Out] (AI 1191 operated by a Boeing 77W, departing Delhi at 01:45 AM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 106,042 onwards
- Business Tickets: INR 287,033 onwards
- Delhi to Chicago on May 14 [Sold Out] (AI 127 operated by a Boeing 77W, departing Delhi at 02:20 AM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 106,830 onwards
- Business Tickets: INR 287,873 onwards
- First Tickets: INR 401,533 onwards
- Delhi to Washington DC on May 11 [Flight Flown] (AI 103 operated by a Boeing 787, departing Delhi at 01:15 AM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 132,555 onwards
- Business Tickets: INR 287,873 onwards
- Trivandrum to Bahrain on May 8 [Flight Flown] and 11, 2020 (IX 473 operated by a Boeing 737, departing Trivandrum at 1:00 PM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 31,700 onwards
- Only Bahraini Nationals and Permanent Residents will be allowed to board these flights.
- Kozhikode to Doha on May 10, 2020 (IX 373 operated by a Boeing 737, departing Kozhikode at 1:00 PM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 40,544 onwards
- Only Qatari Nationals will be allowed to board these flights.
- Delhi to Kuala Lumpur on May 14, 2020 (AI 1384 operated by a Boeing Dreamliner, departing Delhi at 09:00 AM)
- Economy Tickets: INR 26,933 onwards
- Only Malaysian Nationals will be allowed to board this flight.
What to expect on the plane?
Air India’s Standard Operating Procedure for these flights includes handing out masks and sanitizers to every passenger boarding. Only Water Bottles and pre-packed snacks will be offered to the passengers, so it is well advised to have a full meal or carry some protein bars and carry a tablet full of your own content if you want to watch something on these flights given there will be no internet connectivity on board.
I expect that there will be more flights at some point in the future, for now, however, there are only going to be these ones to use. The reason all these flights are either from Delhi or Mumbai is that these are the bases of these aircraft, and Air India is trying to help some people getting them on the empty legs too.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. Even though the amount you enter has to be in INR, you may use an international card to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.