Earlier this month, I wrote about the massive repatriation flights project that has been initiated by the Government of India to fly out Indians from across the globe back home to India. Phase 1 of this project is coming to an end now, and Phase 2 will start on May 17, 2020.
[Bookmark this page and keep checking back if you intend to fly from the UK to India on a repatriation flight]
At LiveFromALounge, we will be keeping track of the flights for various countries where there are a lot of Indians trying to get back home. Flights will start operating on May 17, 2020, onwards and one of the first bunch of flights will operate out of the United Kingdom.
You can register to be considered for being put on these flights at the High Commission of India in UK website. Click here to register. Once you register for these flights, the HCI will start sending you updates about the UK in Indians, including the repatriation flights.
From May 17 to 25, flights will be operated by Air India to bring Indians in the UK back home. Boeing 77Ws of the airline will be involved in this mission. The High Commission of India in London has posted that all these flights will operate from London Heathrow, which we have co-related with the Air India schedules for repatriation flights sighted by LiveFromALounge:
- May 9, 2020: London Heathrow to Mumbai (AI130 LHR departure at 12:00 noon/ BOM arrival at 1:30 AM (+1))
- May 10, 2020: London Heathrow to Delhi/Bengaluru (AI162 LHR departure at 9:45 am/ DEL arrival at 10:50 PM/AI1803 DEL departure at 0:15 AM (+1) and BLR arrival at 03:00 AM (+1))
- May 11, 2020: London Heathrow to Delhi/Hyderabad (AI162 LHR departure at 9:45 am/DEL arrival at 10:50 PM/AI1839 DEL departure at 0:15 AM (+1) and HYD arrival at 02:15 AM (+1))
- May 12, 2020: London Heathrow to Mumbai (AI130 LHR departure at 1:15 pm/ BOM arrival at 2:45 AM (+1))
- May 13, 2020: London Heathrow to Delhi/Ahmedabad (AI162 LHR departure at 9:45 am/ DEL arrival at 10:50 PM/AI1610 DEL departure at 0:15 AM (+1) and AMD arrival at 01:45 AM (+1))
- May 14, 2020: London Heathrow to Mumbai/Chennai (AI130 LHR departure at 1:15 pm/ BOM arrival at 2:45 AM (+1)/ AI1570 BOM departure 04:15 (+1) and MAA arrival at 06:15 AM(+1))
- May 15, 2020: London Heathrow to Delhi (AI112 LHR departure at 9:30 pm/ DEL arrival at 10:40 AM (+1))
- May 17, 2020: London Heathrow to Delhi/Varanasi/Gaya (AI112 LHR departure at 9:30 pm/ DEL arrival at 10:40 am (+1) / DEL to VNS departure at 12:40 pm on May 18, 2020/ VNS to GAY departure 15:00 pm May 18, 2020 )
- May 19, 2020: London Heathrow to Mumbai/Kochi/Vijaywada (AI130 LHR departure at 1:15 pm/ BOM arrival at 2:45 am (+1) / BOM to COK/VGA simultaneous departure on 2 different planes at 4:45 am on May 20, 2020)
- May 21, 2020: London Heathrow to Delhi/Jaipur (AI112 LHR departure at 9:30 pm/ DEL arrival at 10:40 am (+1) / DEL to JAI departure at 12:40 pm on May 22, 2020)
- May 23, 2020: London Heathrow to Mumbai/Ahmedabad/Indore (AI130 LHR departure at 1:15 pm/ BOM arrival at 2:45 am (+1) / BOM to AMD departure at 4:45 am on May 24, 2020 / AMD to IDR departure at 7:15 am)
- May 25, 2020: Birmingham to Amritsar (AI118 BHX departure at 7:45 pm/ ATQ arrival at 10:40 AM (+1))
Each of these flights operated with the 777s will be able to accommodate 250 or so passengers, except for the last flight which will be operated by a Boeing 787-8. Medical screening of passengers will be done before taking the trip, and only asymptomatic passengers will be accepted on the flight. Priority will be given to older adults, workers in distress, pregnant women, urgent medical cases. These flights won’t be free. Each seat on these flights will cost INR 50,000 (GBP 540) for economy class. Here is the full price list as notified by the High Commission of India in London.
Here is the official page of the High Commission of India in London which is posting some of the details.
More such repatriation flights will be operated, and we will update this page with details of repatriation flights to India from the UK as and when more information is made available.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. Even though the amount you enter has to be in INR, you may use an international card to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.