Greeting from Delhi, or should I say Gurugram. The LiveFromALounge crew is in town for the weekend, for the Mileage Mentor MasterClass and Points & Pints Delhi NCR . One thing I love about this city is the food. And it was food which dominated the headlines last week too. While I and Ajay try to reach a consensus on which place serves the best aloo tikki in Delhi, you can catch up on last week’s action with our weekly roundup.
Our Top Stories
After Vistara, Jet Airways becomes the second full-service player in the country to offer a meal-less ticket option. Starting September 28, you won’t get a meal or a snack box when you book Deal fares on Jet Airways domestic flights. Now, Air India remains the last of the legacy carriers which will serve you complimentary meals and snacks.
Staying with Air India, you can now finally book a Star Alliance award ticket using your Air India Flying Returns miles online. Now you don’t need to spend 15 minutes on a phone call trying to explain your itinerary to an Air India ticketing agent anymore.
- Jet Airways cuts away meals from Deal tickets
- Now, Book Star Alliance Awards online on Air India miles
- Air India 101 ILS fails but lands safely in New York
News & Views
There were whispers last week that two of the largest Middle-East based carriers, Emirates and Etihad might combine. Will they? Won’t they? The suspense is killing me! Closer home, passengers on a Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to Jaipur had a pretty bad experience as the crew forgot to pressurise the cabin. Thankfully, no one was seriously injured and the Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB) is working on figuring out what exactly happened.
- Emirates talking Etihad takeover?
- Jet Airways Incident: Pilots forget pressurising cabin on flight to Jaipur!
- Watch: AAI officials at Pune Airport Satsang on Terminal Premises in office hours
- Bangalore Airport User Development Fee slashed!
- Brussels Airlines flights from Mumbai being discontinued
- Butter Chicken & Free Water on WOW Air’s India menu!
- Are you coming to see us at Points & Pints Delhi this weekend?
Card & Rewards
With full-service carriers increasingly going the no-frills way, how about making your next flight on IndiGo and Spicejet more comfortable. And if you are an HDFC Bank customer, you can get add-on frills even cheaper. On the hotels front, Radisson is giving out 15,000 bonus points on completing just a one night stay. Will this be Radisson’s Iberia-Avios moment?
- 15,000 Radisson Rewards bonus points for one night stay!
- Upto 50% Bonus JPMiles on conversions!
- HDFC Bank customers get full-service on IndiGo or SpiceJet flights
- Hilton Asia Pacific Flash Sale: 35% off through June 2019
Deals with Appeal
The big boy of rock-bottom air ticket prices in this part of the world, Air Aisa is currently offering tickets with deep discounts. How deep? INR 500 for a 1000 km flight deep. For the more discerning traveler, Singapore Airlines has a promotion where you can get up to 40% off on redemptions to the US.
- KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes: 40% discount on SQ USA redemptions
- Deal: Moar 500 Rupees tickets for a limited time
- Flat 15% off for Visa Cardholders on Jet Airways[Expired]
- Fly Star Alliance for less with LifeMiles award sale![Expired]
Mileage Mentor MasterClass Tickets
Before I let you go, let me remind you, tickets for our super duper MasterClass in the following cities are still available.