Hello everyone from Mumbai. In what has a slow week in the world of travel and loyalty, we have been hard at work on a few exciting projects that you all will get to see in the weeks to come. As we are inching toward the festive season and long weekends, you sure wouldn’t want to miss all the sales that airlines have on offer. Read about these deals and more on our weekly roundup.
Our Top Stories
People of Mumbai and Bengaluru, the dates for our signature Mileage Mentor MasterClass are out! In this masterclass, focus on those starting out, you can learn all about the tricks which will help you become a miles and points ninja from Ajay – the master himself. And if you planning to come, pick up your pass soon as only a few spots are left. Just one in Mumbai actually and few in Bangalore!
On what looks like a big blow to Pune’s direct connectivity to Europe, Lufthansa cancelled their partnership with PrivatAir which flew between Pune and Frankfurt. But, this might be a temporary setback as Lufthansa may start flying their own birds to Pune starting later this year. Hope they make that announcement soon!
- Early Bird Discounts on Mileage Mentor Workshops
- Lufthansa cans PrivatAir partnership; cancels Pune flights
- 10 not-to-miss Marriott Rewards redemption options in Asia
New and Views
Bombardier’s Q400 can now fly 90 passengers as it got certified by Transport Canada last week, making it the first commercial turboprop to reach that capacity.
Last week, passengers on a Jet Airways Riyadh flight got a rude shock when their aircraft ran out of
runway taxiway during its takeoff roll. Luckily, all the passengers were unharmed, but this incident will open a can of worms for Jet Airways. And staying with bugs, Air India has denied the claim that their planes are infested with bedbugs. The saga continues.
- Bombardier certified for 90 seat Q400 for SpiceJet
- Jet Airways pilots attempt a takeoff from the taxiway in Riyadh
- Air India denies bedbugs on their planes
- Jet Airways troubles blow over!
- How Shipra optimizes credit cards use on international travels
- New GoaMiles app for taxis in Goa
Cards and Rewards
Hilton Honors is out with an amazing promotion where you can now double dip i.e. earn points in two loyalty programs. Earn 2,500 Lufthansa Miles & More points each time you stay at a hotel which is a part of the Hilton portfolio.
Deals with Appeal
If you were planning on booking tickets for travel later in the year, GoAir, Jet Airways and Air India would’ve been top contenders for your money. Though the GoAir sale is over, you can still get up to 30% off on Jet Airways when you book on their website or app. Air India too has their Independence Day which will get you a small discount.
- GoAir: 1 Million Seats on Sale from INR 1099 [Expired]
- Jet Airways Freedom Sale: upto 30% off!
- Discounted tickets with Air India Independence Day sale
- Hyatt Sale: 30% discount across India through November 2018
- 30% Discount on IHG Hotels in Asia, Africa & Australia!
And while we are on the topic of discounts, you may want to look at the Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, which is available half the usual price with 100% of the benefits. Happy reading and hope you have a great week ahead!