Every month, the Singapore Airlines Krisflyer programme lists sectors where they discount the redemptions by 30%. The travel dates are the month after. Singapore Airlines released the list of Spontaneous Escapes, as they call them, which are valid for ticketing from today through June 30, 2023, and travel between July 1 and July 31, 2023.
The offer is valid for redemption on flights to a wide range of destinations across the Singapore Airlines network. From India, for instance, flights to/from Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, Kochi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai are available for redemption, and redemptions start as low as 14,000 Krisflyer miles oneway.
There are also a limited number of seats in Premium Economy.
Unfortunately, not too many redemption options to the US this time around, or even to many other parts of the globe.
How to Redeem?
- Log in to your KrisFlyer account with your KrisFlyer membership number/ email address and password at the top right corner of this page.
- Select ‘Book a Flight’ on your dashboard.
- Click ‘Redeem flights’ and select your travel details.
- The redemption discount will only be reflected in the booking summary panel after selecting the flights.
- Seats are limited, and redemption availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.
I’ve enlisted some key terms and conditions I’ve gleaned away from the website of Singapore Airlines.
Key Terms & Conditions
- To qualify for the Promotion, tickets must be issued between 15 June (0000 hrs, GMT+8) and 30 June 2023 (2359 hrs, GMT+8) (“Promotion Period”), both dates inclusive, for travel from 1 July 2023 (0000 hrs, GMT+8) to 31 July 2023 (2359 hrs, GMT+8) for all destinations.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not allowed for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
- For (i) any flights cancelled by SIA, or (ii) if an SQ-operated flight was removed from a Participant’s booking due to Covid-19 and governmental regulatory changes, the miles redeemed in the unused portion of the ticket will be refunded into the relevant Participant’s KrisFlyer account with no additional fees charged. However, requests to change any booking details or to retain the ticket for future use will not be granted. Participants may submit their request via the Assistance Request form.
- The 30% discount level is only applied to the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy Class Saver, Premium Economy Class Saver and/or Business Class Saver award ticket. The 30% discount will be displayed upon selecting eligible flight(s) under the Promo Awards category during booking on singaporeair.com.
As a reminder, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer miles are straightforward to earn in India, given that you can transfer them from the following credit cards:
- American Express Platinum Charge Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Gold Charge Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- Citibank Prestige: 1 Point: 4 KF Miles
- Citibank PremierMiles: 2 PremierMiles: 1 KF Mile
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Black: 1 Point: 1 KF Mile
- HDFC Bank Infinia: 1 Point: 1 KF Mile
- HSBC Credit Cards
- Axis Bank Credit Cards
With travel opening up, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer offers the opportunity to redeem 30% fewer miles and fly over to Singapore and into other parts of the world as long as you book your tickets now and fly in July 2023. It would be a great use of some of those KrisFlyer miles you might have transferred to use the promotion to earn status a couple of years ago.
These are some great deals. Which ones of these deals are you planning to take benefit of?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.