The CoronaVirus situation is affecting the operations of many airlines, who firstly cut short their schedules into China and other territories where the outbreak centred, and have now seen such a loss of demand that they are cutting schedules all over the place, as demand dips. Here are some of the earlier cases of flights being cancelled due to CoronaVirus.
- Indian airlines had cut their flights into China and Hong Kong
- Cathay Pacific reduced flights to India
- Singapore Airlines cut flights to India
However, it turns out the situation is just getting worse, and the Singapore Airlines cuts are getting deeper. Adding to the flight cuts a week ago, Singapore Airlines has now decided to trim their schedule much more than stated earlier.
Here is a list of the flights cancelled by Singapore Airlines and Silk Air for their Indian operations.
- Flights between Singapore & Bengaluru (MI424) cancelled on March 9,11 / SQ504 cancelled on March 13
- Flights between Bengaluru & Singapore (MI423) cancelled on March 9,11 / SQ505 cancelled on March 14
- Flights between Singapore & Chennai (MI436) cancelled on March 20,27
- Flights between Chennai & Singapore (MI435) cancelled on March 20,27
- Flights between Singapore & Cochin (MI462) cancelled on March 5,6,7,11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, April 6,10,13,15
- Flights between Cochin & Singapore (MI461) cancelled on March 6,7,8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, April 7,11,14,16
- Flights between Singapore & Mumbai (SQ426) cancelled on March 7,8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
- Flights between Mumbai & Singapore (SQ425) cancelled on March 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
- Flights between Singapore & Hyderabad (MI472) cancelled on March 13
- Flights between Hyderabad & Singapore (MI471) cancelled on March 14
- Flights between Singapore & Kolkata (MI488) cancelled on March 10, 17, 24
- Flights between Kolkata & Singapore (MI487) cancelled on March 10, 17, 24
Here is the full schedule of Singapore Airline which will be trimmed through the coming months.
But Singapore Airlines is not the only airline which has reduced flights to Singapore now. Others have followed suit.
Air India has decided to cut the frequencies on its flights between India and Singapore. From Monday, February 24, 2020, onwards, through March 28, 2020, onwards,
- Air India is trimming its daily Delhi – Singapore flight AI380 to five times a week.
- Air India is trimming Mumbai – Singapore flight to four times a week
GoAir has also pulled flights to Singapore, but they claim it is because of the slots situation and not because of the CoronaVirus situation. Owing to this, GoAir has not been operating their Bangalore – Singapore and Kolkata – Singapore flights at the moment.
In case you have Singapore plans at the moment, perhaps best to check with your airline to see if any plans are going to be affected.