Earlier this month, I wrote about the massive repatriation flights project that has been initiated by the Government of India to fly out Indians from across the globe back home to India. Phase 1 of this project is coming to an end now, and Phase 2 will start on May 17, 2020.
[Bookmark this page and keep checking back if you intend to fly from the United States to India on a repatriation flight]
At LiveFromALounge, we will be keeping track of the flights for various countries where there are a lot of Indians trying to get back home. Phase 2 Flights will start operating on May 21, 2020, onwards.
You can register to be considered for being put on these flights at the Indian Embassy in Washington DC website. Click here to register. Once you register for these flights, the Indian Embassy in Washington DC will start sending you updates meant for Indians stranded in the USA, including the repatriation flights.
From May 21 onwards, flights will be operated by Air India from various US Airports to Delhi (with feeder flights to other parts of the country) to bring Indians stranded in various parts of the USA back home. Boeing 787s and 777s of the airline will be involved in this mission. Here are the details of some of the flights planned, which we have co-related with Air India schedules for repatriation flights sighted by LiveFromALounge:
- May 9, 2020: San Francisco to Mumbai/Hyderabad (AI1174 SFO departure at 11:00 pm/ BOM arrival at 4:45 AM(+2)/ AI1617 BOM departure at 6:45 AM to Hyderabad on May 11)
- May 10, 2020: Newark to Mumbai/Ahmedabad (AI1444 EWR departure at 11:55 pm/ BOM arrival at 1:15 AM(+2)/ AI1613 BOM departure at 4:05 AM to Ahmedabad on May 12)
- May 11, 2020: Chicago to Mumbai/Chennai (AI1126 ORD departure at 11:25 pm/ BOM arrival at 1:30 AM(+2)/ AI1671 BOM departure at 4:00 AM to Chennai on May 13)
- May 12, 2020: Washington DC to Delhi/Hyderabad (AI104 IAD departure at 11:15 pm/ DEL arrival at 11:00 PM(+1)/ AI104 DEL departure at 1:00 AM to Hyderabad on May 14)
- May 13, 2020: San Francisco to Delhi/Bengaluru (AI174 SFO departure at 11:00 pm/ DEL arrival at 04:15 AM(+2)/ AI174 DEL departure at 6:15 AM to Bengaluru on May 15)
- May 14, 2020: Newark to Delhi/Hyderabad (AI144 EWR departure at 11:30 pm/ DEL arrival at 11:30 PM(+1)/ AI1839 DEL departure at 1:00 am to Hyderabad on May 16)
- May 15, 2020: Chicago to Delhi/Hyderabad (AI126 ORD departure at 11:25 pm/ DEL arrival at 00:30 AM(+2)/ AI126 DEL departure at 2:30 am to Hyderabad on May 17)
Phase 2 Flights
- May 19, 2020: San Francisco to Delhi/Bengaluru/Hyderabad (AI174 SFO departure at 11 PM/ DEL arrival at 3:30 AM(+2)/ DEL departure to BLR at 05:45 AM on May 21, 2020/BLR departure to HYD at 10:00 AM on May 21, 2020)
- May 21, 2020: New York JFK to Delhi/Chandigarh (AI102 JFK departure at 11 PM/ DEL arrival at 10:30 AM (+1) / DEL departure to IXC at 12:30 PM)
- May 23, 2020: San Francisco to Delhi/Kochi/Ahmedabad (AI174 SFO departure at 11 PM/ DEL arrival at 3:30 AM(+2)/ DEL to COK departure at 05:45 AM on May 25, 2020 / COK to AMD departure at 10 AM on May 25, 2020 )
- May 25, 2020: New York JFK to Delhi/Bengaluru (AI102 JFK departure at 11 PM/ DEL arrival at 10:30 AM (+1)/ DEL to BLR departure at 12:30 PM on May 26, 2020)
- May 28, 2020: Chicago to Delhi/Bhubaneshwar (AI126 ORD departure at 11:25 PM/ DEL arrival at 12:30 AM (+2)/ DEL to BBI departure at 2:30 AM on May 30, 2020)
- May 28, 2020: Washington DC to Delhi/Bengaluru/Ahmedabad (AI104 IAD departure at 11:15 PM/ DEL arrival at 11:00 PM(+1) / DEL to BLR departure at 01:00 AM on May 30 / BLR to AMD departure at 04:30 AM on May 30)
- May 29, 2020: Chicago to Delhi/Ahmedabad/Hyderabad (AI126 ORD departure at 11:25 PM/ DEL arrival at 12:30 AM (+2)/ DEL to AMD departure at 2:30 AM on May 31/ AMD to HYD departure at 05:30 AM on May 31)
Most of these flights will be able to accommodate 250-300 passengers. Medical screening of passengers will be done before taking the trip, and only asymptomatic passengers will be accepted on the flight. Priority will be given to older adults, workers in distress, pregnant women, urgent medical cases and those whose tourist visas have expired. These flights won’t be free. Each seat on these flights will cost INR 100,000 (USD 1,361). Approximate costs in the various class of service will be:
- Economy: USD 1,362
- Business: USD 3372
- First: USD 5612
Domestic legs might cost extra in these cases.
More such repatriation flights will be operated hopefully, and we will update this page with details of repatriation flights to India from the USA as and when more information is made available.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. Even though the amount you enter has to be in INR, you may use an international card to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.