Qatar Airways has launched a ‘one-of-its-kind’ status match programme, something that the airline is hoping to use to sway away flyers from other global airlines like its own. The reason I say it is ‘one of its kind’ is because it is a straight-up status match instead of a status challenge.
Qatar Airways is offering a status match to the elite members of the following loyalty programmes:
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Emirates Skywards
- Etihad Guest
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- South African Airways Voyager
- Virgin Australia Velocity
This is a great way to get yourself status on oneworld member carriers for a 12-month period, which will give you access to a variety of lounges across the globe once travel picks up again.
How to request your Qatar Airways Privilege Club status match?
You should be a member at the following tiers in the various programmes listed:
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer: Silver, Gold and above (PPS Club)
- Emirates Skywards: Silver, Gold, Platinum
- Etihad Guest: Silver, Gold, Platinum
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles: Elite, Elite Plus
- South African Airways Voyager: Silver, Gold & Platinum
- Virgin Australia Velocity: Silver, Gold & Platinum
The procedure is very simple. Provided you have the status on these programmes mentioned above, you just have to follow a couple of steps.
- Join the Privilege Club for free, if you’re not already a member. The offer is open to existing and new Privilege Club members. Use this link above as it has the correct promo code applied.
- Email your last two months’ statements and a copy of your frequent flyer membership card from selected airlines, along with your Qatar Airways Privilege Club membership number to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Privilege Club Status Match”
You must provide these documents by 11.59 pm on Wednesday, May 20, 2020, Doha time, which is 2.29 am on Thursday, May 21, 2020, India Time, to be considered.
Those who qualify will be upgraded within 10 days of the receipt of the documents. Your Qatar Airways Privilege Club status level will then be valid for 12 months.
How to requalify with your Qatar Airways Privilege Club status match?
Once your status match is approved, Qatar Airways is offering a reduced renewal threshold for the subsequent year. For those who get a successful match, you just need half the QPoints (Qatar Airways’ equivalent of Tier Points) to requalify.
Remember, while you can accrue QPoints on oneworld flights, you will still need to have flown at least 4 Qatar Airways marketed/operated flights during the membership year to requalify for status.
Those who qualify for the Gold or Platinum tier will be eligible to bring one guest into the appropriate lounge with you when both of you are flying on an oneworld member carrier flight.
I appreciate this is not something of use immediately as travel is at its bottom right now, but it might come handy in the coming times when travel picks up again. This is the first time in my memory that Qatar Airways is publicly offering a status match promotion.
Do let us know how your status match to Qatar Airways Privilege Club goes ahead in the comments section.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. Even though the amount you enter has to be in INR, you may use an international card to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.