Last night, many Hyatt hotels around the world started to be available for booking for lesser than the usual cash & points requirement. This is a great opportunity to book some such as Hotel Hyatt Place in the USA or Park Hyatts around the globe.
Hyatt allows you book reward nights at their hotels with a combination of points & cash as a World of Hyatt member. It comes especially handy when you don’t want to exhaust all your points or want to get a lower revenue rate. Just like we did at the Hotel Hyatt Regency, Kathmandu.
Usually, Hyatt hotels require the following number of points + cash for category:
- Category 1: 2,500 points + USD 50
- Category 2: 4,000 points + USD 55
- Category 3: 6,000 points + USD 75
- Category 4: 7,500 points + USD 100
- Category 5: 10,000 points +USD 125
- Category 6: 12,500 points +USD 150
- Category 7: 15,000 points +USD 300
Currently, some of these hotels are going for a lower cash component than what should usually be the case.
Category 1 Hotels
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Westlake/Crocker Park (USD 17+2,500 points/ Savings USD 33)
- Hyatt Place Canton (USD 17+2,500 points/ Savings USD 33)
- Hyatt Place Jackson/ Ridgeland (USD 17+2,500 points/ Savings USD 33)
Category 2 Hotels (4,000 points + USD 55 per night)
- Hyatt Place Charleston Airport/ Convention Center (USD 28+ 4,000 points/ Savings USD 27))
- Hyatt Place Chicago/ O’hare Airport (USD 30+ 4,000 Points/ Savings USD 25)
- Hyatt Place Denver Westminster (USD 35+ 4,000 Points/ Savings USD 20)
- Hyatt House Chicago / Evanston (USD 30+ 4,000 Points/ Savings USD 25)
- Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst (USD31 + 4,000 points/ Savings USD 24)
- Hyatt Place Minneapolis/ Eden Prairie (USD 32+ 4,000 points/ Savings USD 23)
- Park Hyatt Hyderabad (USD 35+ 4,000 points/ Savings USD 20)
Category 3 Hotel (6,000 points + USD 75 per night)
- Grand Hyatt Jakarta (USD 50 + 6,000 points/ Savings USD 25)
Category 4 Hotel (7,500 points + USD 100 per night)
- Grand Hyatt Muscat (USD 60+ 7,500 points/ Savings USD 40)
Category 5 Hotel (10,000 points +USD 125 per night)
- Park Hyatt Zanzibar (USD 80 +10,000 points/ Savings USD 45)
Category 6 Hotels (12,500 points +USD 150 per night)
- Hyatt Union Square New York (USD 100 + 12,500 points/ Savings USD 50)
This a chance to save money on some nice hotels if you have a stash of Hyatt points. I’d suggest if you like a hotel block it off for your tentative travel dates. As we don’t know how long this will last, that appears to be the best approach.
Have you booked any hotel under this cash + points sale? We are scrambling for options for this long weekend.
(HT: Extreme Hotel Deals)