We have written extensively about the HDFC 10x points. HDFC Bank Diners Club 10X Rewards were my favourite kind of reward currency primarily due to some offbeat transfer partners they provided in India. The transfer partner list went away in 2016, but still, I look at it as a 33% cashback card, with all the cashback going towards travel.
The list of 10X partners frequently gets updated. The focus has been on travel & e-commerce. They initially put out a year-long list of partners, but then recalled it, and started to extend the date of the promotion by the months. Here are the announcements for April, May, June & July 2016. Then, it got extended through March 2017 but applied caps on reward earning per month, and a one-month extension through April 2017. In May, they put a new list valid through July 2017. Subsequently, they added all categories of SmartBuy on the list as of July 2017. They knocked off the travel category in late 2017. 10X rewards were changed during the pandemic, with the HDFC Bank Diners Club 10X being removed altogether on Partner brands for the HDFC Bank Diners Club range of credit cards.
HDFC Bank Diners Club 10X on Partner brands returns
For November 2020, there is a new list of 10X Partner Brands for HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Cards.
- Lakme Salon
This list is valid from November 1 to November 30, 2020. The incremental 9X Rewards will be posted within 90 days from the date of settlement of the transaction. Date of the settlement will be considered for calculating the maximum cap. The critical change is that now a calendar month-wise cap will be used, instead of the statement-wise caps earlier.
Here is how you can earn the points:
- Ola booking on cab rides and self-drive done with Diners credit card as a payment option is only eligible for 10X. Ola postpaid payment is not eligible for 10X
- Transactions done on POS terminals using HDFC Bank Diners Club credit card at the given list of Lakme Salons are eligible for 10X. Any other franchise of Lakme Salon or online store/mode of payment is not eligible for 10X
- Transactions done on online stores of Dermalogica and Crocs are eligible for 10X.
- Transactions are done on cure.fit app and website are eligible for 10X
- EMI transactions are not eligible for this offer
Just as a recap, you earn the following points on your cards with the various variants on the merchants mentioned above:
- Rewardz: 3 points/INR 150 + 27 points/INR 150 bonus [Total 30 points/INR 150]. Monetary Value is INR 9 [6% cashback]
- Premium/Club Miles/Privilege: 4 points/INR 150 + 36 points/INR 150 bonus [Total 40 points/INR 150]. Monetary Value is INR 20 [13% cashback]
- Black: 5 points/INR 150 + 45 points/INR 150 bonus [Total 50 points/INR 150]. Monetary Value of INR 50 [33% cashback]
- Here is the cap installed on the number of points you can earn per month for using 10X partner brands.
- Rewardz: 2,000 points
- Premium/Club Miles: 5,000 points
- Diners Privilege: 10,000 points
- Black: 25,000 points
The 10x points do not apply to the HDFC Bank JetPrivilege co-branded Diners card.
What do you think of these changes to the HDFC Bank Diners Club returning the partner brands program?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.