One of the most loved promotions over the past 3 years has been HDFC Bank’s 10x points promotion for the Diners Club Credit Cards they issue in India. The promotion has been going on for a long period of time (2015), and usually at the end of the financial year, it takes them a while to get on board with new partners so they just carry on with the old partners as it happened in 2016. They flip flopped however and then had smaller updates. A complete list of last year’s details is here.
Now, carrying on with the recent tradition, HDFC Bank Diners Club has put a one month extension on the 10X promotion, to last through April 2017. The list of partners does not change.
Just as a recap, you earn the following points on your cards with the various variants on the merchants mentioned above:
- Rewardz: 3 points/INR 150 + 27 points/INR 150 bonus [Total 30 points/INR 150]. Monetary Value of INR 22.5 [15% cashback]
- Premium: 4 points/INR 150 + 36 points/INR 150 bonus [Total 40 points/INR 150]. Monetary Value of INR 30 [20% cashback]
- Black: 5 points/INR 150 + 45 points/INR 150 bonus [Total 50 points/INR 150]. Monetary Value of INR 50 [33% cashback]
- There is however a cap on the number of points you can earn per statement cycle.
- Rewardz: 2,500 points
- Premium: 10,000 points
- Black: 50,000 points
- You have to be careful to use the card directly with the merchant. For instance, even with Uber, don’t use the wallet option but the option to directly pay using a credit card. For MakeMyTrip, use the promocode HDFC5X to book.
There is no news about having new transfer partners yet, and I hope I would be pleasantly surprised with more partners being made on the list.