A few days ago, France recognised Covishield as eligible for travel to the country. Now, France has initiated the visa processing for those who are eligible to travel to France from India once again as well.
France collects visa applications in India using the services of VFS Global, and different centres across India have different updates. For instance, as per an update on the VFS Global website, from July 27, 2021 onwards, France will be accepting all sorts of Visa applications for processing in Delhi.
For the centres based in Bangalore and Hyderabad, however, the Visa processing will be limited to the following categories:
- French citizens’ spouses (married, civil union and cohabiting with proof of community of life) and their children,
- Citizen of the European Union’s spouses (married, civil union or cohabiting partner) and their children, whose main residence is in France or who are returning, in transit through France, to their main residence in a European Union country or equivalent, or to a country whose nationality they hold;
- Citizens of other countries for purposes of ordinary family reunion or refugee family reunification, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection and stateless persons.
- Foreign health or research professionals involved in the fight against COVID-19 as well as their spouse (married, civil partner, cohabiting partner subject to proof of community of life) and children.
- Foreign health or research professional engaged as an associate trainee.
- Citizens of other countries for a “talent passport” long-stay visa, as well as their spouse (married, civil union or cohabiting partner on presentation of proof of community of life) and children.
- Long stay visas for students enrolled in French as a foreign language (FFL) courses prior to enrollment in higher education or admitted to the oral examinations of French higher education institutions or enrolled to begin the new 2021-2022 academic year. Researchers settling in France on the invitation of a research laboratory, for research activities that require physical presence, as well as their spouse (married, civil partner, cohabiting partner on presentation of proof of community of life) and children.
- Workers in the land, sea and air transport sector or transport service providers (including drivers of any vehicle transporting goods for use in the territory as well as those only in transit, or travelling as passengers to resettle in their home base or for training).
- Foreign citizen working for a diplomatic or consular mission, or an international organization with its headquarters or an office in France, as well as their spouse and their children or a foreign citizen of a third country staying in France for a compelling professional reason under a mission order issued by their country of origin.
- Travelers in transit for less than 24 hours in an international zone.
Here is a list of all the VFS centres open for now, along with their working days.
If you are planning a trip to France, and are fully vaccinated, then you can start applying for a visa now after making an appropriate appointment.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.