Indian airlines are back in the fray for market share after a subdued 2020. After the reopening of domestic aviation, airlines were given a regulated fare band for each sector as per block time of the flight and specific rules about the pricing, to ensure they wouldn’t undercut each other to fill seats or overcharge in peak periods. The regime to regulate pricing is currently scheduled to end on March 31, 2021. And…airlines are back to competing for passengers with effect from April 1, 2021.
Vistara was first off the mark. However, their sale has now ended. Currently, all the no-frill carriers are now in the market to sell you their tickets. Suppose you have any travel planned through September 2020, maybe a good idea to block some tickets now. Each of these sales has some unique selling points.
IndiGo offers domestic fares starting at INR 877 for bookings till January 22, 2021, and travel between April 1 and September 30, 2021.
IndiGo is also making it lucrative by reducing the change and cancellation fee down to INR 500 for the first change/cancellation during the travel period, per passenger per segment. If you decide to change, the new fare at the time of travel applies.
AirAsia India offers domestic fares starting at INR 877 for bookings till January 17, 2021, and travel between April 1 and September 30, 2021. You can also book these fares on MakeMyTrip, GoIbibo, Cleartrip and other OTAs.
SpiceJet’s sale, valid for booking till January
17 22, 2021, for travel between April 1-September 30, 2021, offers a one-time waiver on change/cancellation fee if done 21 days in advance of the date of departure. For any changes/cancellation within the three week period, you will have to pay the usual amount.
SpiceJet is also offering their add-ons at a special price when you book along. Preferred Seat and You First at INR 149, Meals for INR 249 and SpiceMax for INR 799 only. The flat discounted price on Meals is valid on Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menu only. Discount is not applicable on Chef’s Choice and Special Meals.
SpiceJet will also give you a voucher up to INR 1000 in value (equivalent to your ticket’s base fare), per flight. This voucher has some terms to note:
- Free Flight Vouchers will be issued per passenger per flight for bookings made under the sale Fare.
- The Voucher(s) will be issued in the name of the travelling passenger(s) as per the sale fare booking.
- The Voucher amount will be equivalent to the base fare amount, maximum up to INR 1000.
- The Vouchers will be issued and emailed to the registered e-mail ID between 48-72 hours after the sale. Cancelled bookings will not be eligible for these Free Vouchers.
- In case the customer cancels the original sale fare booking, the Free Voucher will be voided.
- For multiple booking made with the same e-mail address in contact details, only the first booking will be eligible for the Free Vouchers.
- The Free Flight Vouchers will be valid till 28th February 2021.
- These Vouchers can be redeemed for making new bookings with a minimum transaction amount of INR 5500 and having travel date between 1st April 2021 and 30th September 2021.
- The Voucher will be applicable only on domestic flight bookings made via the SpiceJet website.
- Maximum one voucher can be used per booking.
- The voucher amount will be adjusted against the base fare only.
- This voucher can only be used once, and any balance amount will be forfeited.
- The voucher is non-transferable, non-cancellable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- In case the customer cancels the booking created using this voucher, the voucher amount will be forfeited.
The only takeaway from these terms, which are very simple, is, that you should use a different email address if you make more than one booking on this sale if you’d like to receive more vouchers. Also, tickets issued will have to be on the higher side if you’d like to redeem these vouchers, which is a tricky territory in the era of low fares.
SpiceJet offers domestic fares starting at INR 899 for bookings till January 17, 2021, and travel between April 1 and September 30, 2021. You can also book these fares on MakeMyTrip, GoIbibo, Cleartrip and other OTAs.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.