The American Express Lounge opened up at Mumbai Airport’s Terminal 2 back in December 2018. The lounge has two different seating areas, with two different service levels. There is the Platinum seating area, which has access to a buffet dining and drinks are payable here. There is also a slightly more formal lounge, referred to as the Centurion area, where guests get access to a full bar and even a-la-carte dining.
Now, the American Express Lounge at Mumbai’s Terminal 2 had been shut since March 2020, and for months after, including the last time I flew out of Mumbai Airport on December 25, 2020, I would see this notice board.
American Express was redirecting their eligible cardmembers to the GVK Lounge aggregating all the eligible lounge passengers. However, now the American Express Lounge has re-opened with new safety measures in place, and all eligible cardmembers can access the Amex Lounge at Mumbai again, 24 hours a day.
The following cardmembers can access the lounge:
- American Express Centurion Card
- American Express Platinum Card
- American Express Platinum Corporate Card
- American Express Platinum Reserve Card
The new protocols include:
- Social Distancing: The reception area will have glass walls as a separator to avoid any physical interaction with the front desk, and there will be contactless payments and Tap and Pay options for all paid services.
- Cleanliness: All high-touch areas will have strict cleaning protocols. Sanitisers will be available throughout the lounge.
- Seating Arrangement: Signage or hosts will be present to allocate seats on arrival.
- Food and Beverages: Instead of a buffet, individual pre-portioned food items will be prepared. The bar will be open, and the beverages will be served at the tables only.
This is an excellent move in my view, as American Express restores their lounge in Mumbai Terminal 2 as this lounge is a big reason I know some people have held on to their Amex Platinum cards.
The Delhi lounge has been under renovation, and will reportedly be opening soon as well.
Anybody visited the lounge after reopening, do share your experiences in the comments section.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.