A couple of days ago, I wrote about the massive cancellations that Cathay Pacific is implementing through their entire network due to the collapse of demand due to the CoronaVirus situation.
Then, Cathay Pacific did not notify any cancellations for the Indian stations of the airline, but now, it turns out that Cathay Pacific has cut down their 49 weekly flights to India to 36 through March 29, 2020. This includes cancellations by Cathay Dragon as well. Cancellations effective February 9, 2020, include:
- Delhi: From 14 flights to 10 flights effective March 1, 2020 (weekly)
- Mumbai: From 10 flights to 7 flights effective February 17, 2020 (weekly)
- Chennai: From 7 to 5 flights effective February 10, 2020 (weekly)
- Hyderabad: From 5 to 4 flights effective February 10, 2020 (weekly)
- Kolkata: From 6 to 5 flights effective February 9, 2020 (weekly)
- Bengaluru: From 7 to 5 flights effective February 9, 2020 (weekly)
Ironically, there is no fixed day of the week where these cancellations hit. So these are all over the place at the moment. Here are the dates I’ve been able to dig up so far for the flights not operating:
- Chennai: CX632 cancelled on 12, 13, 24 February/ 4,16 March ex- Chennai
- Delhi: CX694 cancelled on 26,28 February/ 1,4,7,11,12,13,15,22,23,29 March ex- Delhi
- Delhi: CX698 cancelled on 4,7,16,19,23,25 March ex- Delhi
- Mumbai: CX660 cancelled on 19,22,26,27,29 February / 10,15,18,21,29 March ex-Mumbai
- Bengaluru: KA153 cancelled on 10,12 February / 4,12,20 March ex-Bengaluru
Air India had already suspended its Delhi-Hong Kong and Delhi-Shanghai flights up to March 28, 2020. IndiGo had suspended Bengaluru-Hong Kong, Delhi – Chengdu and Kolkata – Guangzhou flights as well. Amongst all of this, SpiceJet continues to operate the Delhi – Hong Kong – Delhi flight at the moment.
India has recently decided to deny access to the country for any non-Indian citizen who has been to China on or after January 15, 2020. All visas issued to Chinese passport holders issued after February 5, 2020, have also been suspended for the moment.
Have any of your plans been impacted due to the cancellations en masse by Cathay Pacific?