While the merger of Air India and Vistara is still not formally chugging along due to the approval from the CCI (and then other country’s competition commissions) awaited, Vistara is going about its business as usual, which includes launching new co-branded credit card deals. After Axis Bank, SBI Cards and IndusInd Bank, the newest co-brand partner with Club Vistara for co-brand cards is IDFC First Bank.
Club Vistara IDFC First Credit Card launched.
The Club Vistara IDFC First Credit Card has been launched today in partnership with MasterCard. On the occasion, officials from Vistara, IDFC First Bank and MasterCard posed for a picture with the cutout of the new card.
The card slots are in the same category as the Axis Bank Vistara Signature Credit Card and Club Vistara SBI Card Prime Credit Card. The card offers the following benefits:
- Joining & Renewal Benefit: One free Premium Economy ticket (redeemable against the award availability on Vistara)
- Activation Offer: Earn up to 6,000 bonus Club Vistara points within the first three months on minimum spending of INR 30,000 per month.
- Month 1: Spend INR 30,000; earn 2000 Bonus CV Points
- Month 2: Spend INR 30,000; earn 2000 Bonus CV Points
- Month 3: Spend INR 30,000; earn 2000 Bonus CV Points
- Status: Gain Club Vistara Silver Tier and have one upgrade voucher credited to your account.
- Ongoing Rewards: The card throttles rewards when you spend over INR 100K (Rupees one lakh) monthly. So, the structure of ongoing rewards works as follows:
- For spends upto INR 1 Lakh per month, you get 6 Club Vistara points per INR 200 spent
- For spends above INR 1 Lakh per month, you get 4 Club Vistara points per INR 200 spent
- On spends in Fuel, Insurance, Utility, Rent and Wallet Load categories, excluding EMI payments, you get 1 Club Vistara point per INR 200 spent.
- Milestone Tickets: As has become the norm with Vistara Credit Cards, you can unlock tickets on the back of your spending. However, the card is again throttling your spend rewards after unlocking the first three tickets. You receive a premium economy domestic ticket code on the following cumulative milestones in the membership year:
- Spend INR 1,50,000 (First ticket)
- Spend INR 3,00,000 (An additional INR 1,50,000 after the first ticket unlocks the second Ticket)
- Spend INR 4,50,000 (An additional INR 1,50,000 after the second ticket unlocks the third Ticket)
- Spend INR 9,00,000 (An additional INR 4,50,000 after the third ticket unlocks the fourth Ticket)
- Spend INR 12,00,000 (An additional INR 3,00,000 after the fourth ticket unlocks the fifth Ticket)
- Golf Benefits: The card also offers Golf benefits as follows:
- Four complimentary rounds of green fees per calendar year (maximum one round in a calendar month)
- 12 complimentary golf lessons per calendar year (one lesson per calendar month)
- Discounted golf services at 50% of the green fee beyond complimentary sessions
- Insurance: The card offers a cover on non-refundable components of any travel booking with up to two claims worth up to Rs. 10,000 on Flight & Hotel booking for the cardholder, under Cancelled For Any Reason (CFAR) Insurance
- Birthday Benefit: 10X CV Points on dining spends on birthdays.
- Lounge Benefits: 8 complimentary domestic airport spa and lounge access per year and one complimentary international airport lounge access per quarter, on an average monthly spend greater than INR 5,000.
The card comes in at INR 4,999 + taxes for the first year and every subsequent year, which is a bit higher than the Axis and SBI Card versions of the mid-tier card. However, for the higher fee, you also get the potential to earn an additional Club Vistara Premium Economy Ticket code and two more CV points per INR 200 spent on the first 1 Lakh rupees spent per month.
It also seems that IDFC Bank is issuing the card with online approvals, so if you intend to apply, you could head to the IDFC First Bank website and apply for the card there. The card quickly appears in your IDFC First Credit Cards app after approval.
IDFC First Bank has launched a new co-branded credit card with Club Vistara, which can earn up to 6 CV points/INR 200 spent and up to 6 Premium Economy Ticket fare waivers for use in India per annum. The card is more rewarding than some of the other cards offering CV points in the same mid-tier segment and more PE fare waivers.
What do you think of the Club Vistara IDFC First Credit Card?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.