It has been a long time coming. Various hotel loyalty programmes have been tracking business and travel during the year, and have basically decided to use 2021 to give status to their members at half the requalification requirements. For instance, Hilton, Hyatt and Accor have reduced the (re)qualification requirements to half for 2021. Marriott, on the other hand, offered requalification at half off, but new members need to go all the way to qualify.
Club ITC reduces requirements for requalification in 2021
Club ITC usually has a night or revenue requirement to offer qualification for their various tiers:
- Silver: 6 nights or INR 60,000 revenue through a calendar year
- Gold: 16 nights or INR 160,000 revenue through a calendar year
- Platinum: 30 nights or INR 300,000 revenue through a calendar year
However, after an assessment of the situation for the year, ITC Hotels’ loyalty programme, Club ITC, has now decided that they will offer their members the opportunity to (re)qualify on the back of half of the original requirements for 2021. So, the new requirements for 2021 are as follows:
- Silver: 4 nights or INR 40,000 revenue through a calendar year
- Gold: 10 nights or INR 100,000 revenue through a calendar year
- Platinum: 20 nights or INR 200,000 revenue through a calendar year
ITC already had lower requirements compared to other global peers, and now they have cut it down by some 33% to make it a very small ask to hand out their Gold and Platinum status. For instance, at the highest end, their Platinum status, i.e., the following benefits are offered:
- Points Earning at 5% of eligible spends
- 20% savings on Best Available Rate for suites
- Member rates (Up to 10% additional savings)
- Reward Nights redemption without blackout dates
- Enhanced internet access
- Club ITC reservation line
- Tier Upgrade / Retention benefit – 8 value vouchers
- Late checkout till 4 pm subject to availability
- Roll over nights
- Enhanced room upgrade (subject to availability)
- In-room amenity (varies by hotel)
- No extra charge for accompanying spouse
- In-room Tea/Coffee service throughout the stay
- Room upgrades Including standard suites (subject to availability)
- Access to Towers & Upper Crust Lounges as a resident guest
- 24 Hour check-in & check-out facility
- 72 hrs priority on room reservations
If you are an ITC Hotels frequent guest, you should be able to (re)qualify very quickly for the year ahead with Club ITC, given even rollover nights would help you push over the other side.
What do ITC Hotels’ regulars think of this move from ITC Hotels’ Club ITC?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.