When it comes to spend-based offers, one of the chief proponents in the market is American Express. American Express has rolled out spend-based offers as India heads into the festive season. We usually don’t write about them because these are targetted. However, this time, the spend-based offers seem to have been rolled out to a broad base of American Express cardmembers.
American Express Unwrap Celebrations Spending offers
While American Express used to offer some Tanishq vouchers back in the day for festive spending, this time around, they have rolled out a far bigger bouquet, including Luxury Brand Vouchers and Taj Vouchers. All offers rolled out are valid from September 26 to November 10, 2022, and enrolment is mandatory.
The offers rolled out by American Express are targetted at the following cardmembers:
- American Express Platinum Card
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- American Express Gold Card
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card
- American Express SmartEarn Credit Card
Various permutations have been rolled out, and you will receive one of the following offers:
- Spend a total of INR 700,000 or more in eligible spending during the Offer period to receive Taj Vouchers worth INR 30,000 (3 x 10,000)(4.3%)
- Spend a total of INR 500,000 or more in eligible spending during the Offer period to receive Taj Vouchers worth INR 20,000 (2 x 10,000) (4%)
- Spend a total of INR 300,000 or more in eligible spending during the Offer period to receive Luxe vouchers worth INR 15,000 (3 x 5,000) (5%)
- Spend a total of INR 300,000 or more in eligible spending during the Offer period to receive Taj vouchers worth INR 12,000 (10,000 + 2,000) (4%)
- Spend a total of INR 100,000 or more in eligible spending during the Offer period to receive promotional vouchers worth INR 4,000 (4%) usable on one of the following: Hidesign, Charles and Keith, Louise Phillipe, MMT Hotel, MAC, Bobby Brown and Aldo.
There is no restriction on where you can spend, and no minimum number of transactions is required. The offer is applicable for only select American Express Cardmembers. A Cardmember is eligible for this offer only if they have received an offer communication directly from American Express through any of its channels. Supplementary cardmember spending will also be counted towards the spending made by the primary cardmember.
Gift Cards will be sent to eligible Cardmembers at their registered email addresses with American Express by March 10, 2023. Taj Vouchers will be valid for 150 days from the date of issuance.
The promo card will be valid for 30 days from the date of issuance. The Luxe Gift Cards can be redeemed at more than 25 brands which include Armani Exchange, Bally, Bottega Veneta, Brooks Brothers, Canali, Coach, Diesel, Dune London, Emporio Armani, G -Star RAW, GAS, Giorgio Armani, Hamleys, Hugo Boss, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade New York, Michael Kors, Mothercare, Paul & Shark, Paul Smith, Replay, Salvatore Ferragamo, Satya Paul, Scotch & Soda, Steve Madden, Superdry, The White Crow, Tumi and Villeroy & Boch.
American Express has rolled out its festive promotions for the season and offers anywhere between 4-5% incentives over and above the other rewards they usually offer for festive spending. You should have received an email with your customised offer from American Express, and make sure to enrol before you start spending. This is lower than last year’s promotion.
What do you make of the Festive Treats offered by American Express? Which ones did you get?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.