Since I published my last travel update on the situation at Kingfisher Airlines, there are a lot more changes emerging on an ongoing basis at Kingfisher Airlines. They had earlier announced the withdrawal of 31 flights till November 19, which then turned out to be 50 flights per day on an ongoing basis. Turns out, some of these changes might be permanent. I round up for all of your benefit the routes which are going to get affected and any updates till what time these cancellations/withdrawals may be valid.
The following services are cancelled till further notice:
- Kochi (COK) – Colombo (CMB) [IT079/IT080]
- Thiruvananthapuram (TRV) – Colombo (CMB) [IT077/IT078]
- Mumbai (BOM) – Bangkok (BKK) [IT023/IT024]
- Delhi (DEL) – Bangkok (BKK) [IT026/IT027]
It is also worth noting that Mumbai (BOM) – Singapore (SIN) [IT029/IT030] which used to be operated on a Airbus 330 widebody is now switched to an Airbus 320 narrowbody plane. Flights to London and Hong Kong remain unaffected as yet and are being operated on the A330.
Kingfisher is withdrawing from 10 airports in India. This is due to their financial duress as of now. Listed below are the airports they will stop operating from with immediate effect:
- Agartala [IXA]
- Agra [AGR]
- Aurangabad [IXU]
- Belgaum [IXG]
- Indore [IDR]
- Kolhapur [KLH]
- Mysore [MYQ]
- Nagpur [NAG]
- Nanded [NDC]
- Pantnagar [PGH]
- Raipur [RPR]
- Silchar [IXS]
The routes that the airline has stopped flying are listed below:
- Bangalore [BLR] – Bhubaneswar [BBU]
- Bangalore[BBU] – Mysore [MYQ]
- Delhi [DEL] – Agra [AGR]
- Delhi [DEL] – Bhubaneswar [BBU]
- Delhi [DEL] – Pantnagar [PGH]
- Delhi [DEL] – Raipur [RPR]
- Kolkata [CCU] – Agartala [IXA]
- Kolkata [CCU] – Raipur [RPR]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Aurangabad [IXU]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Belgaum [IXG]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Bhubaneswar [BBU]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Indore [IDR]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Jabalpur [JLR] – Indore [IDR] – Mumbai [BOM]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Kolhapur [KLH]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Lucknow [LKO]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Mangalore [IXE]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Nanded [NDC]
- Mumbai [BOM] – Thiruvananthapuram [TRV]
- Nagpur [NAG] – Hyderabad [HYD]
- Nagpur [NAG] – Indore [IDR]
- Silchar [IXS] – Imphal [IMF]
- Silchar [IXS] – Kolkata [CCU]
We clearly do not know when or if they will return, but if you were booked on one of these, you should either be rerouted via another longer route, or you should be booking on another carrier at the earliest.
I will keep this list updated with more information as it becomes available. I tried personally looking up most of the sectors for which information has been listed here to ensure only correct information came your way.
To monitor the updated schedule from Kingfisher Airlines, you could also look at this link on their website.
If you need any more information, drop me a line or leave me a query in the comments section and I will try and come back to you at the earliest!
Tip of the hat to airlineroute.net