In April 2020, World of Hyatt took some steps towards pacifying their members and protecting their interests in the programme by extending the expiration of their benefits as well as extending their status by a year. The key steps included:
- Hyatt Suspended Forfeiture of points through December 2020
- Hyatt Extended status to February 2022 for those who qualified for it.
- Hyatt also extended the Free Night Awards, Suite Upgrades and Club Upgrade Awards for elite members.
Now, there are new updates from World of Hyatt where they have decided to further extend the perks and member benefits, in light of CoVid-19 and its impact on travel.
Forfeiture of points to be postponed
Previously suspended through December 31, 2020, World of Hyatt is now suspending the forfeiture of points through June 30, 2021. As a reminder, the general policy is that points do not expire, but they will be forfeited if a member’s account is inactive for 24 months.
Suite & Club Upgrade Awards to be extended
All unused Suite Upgrade and Club Lounge Access awards with February 28, 2021 expiration dates will be extended to December 31, 2021. Besides, all unused Free Night awards that were earned in 2020 with 2021 expiration dates will be extended to December 31, 2021.
Free Night Awards to be extended
Unused World of Hyatt free night awards, earned in 2020 with 2021 expiry dates will continue to be valid till December 31, 2021.
Peak / Off-peak pricing on redemptions to be postponed.
World of Hyatt was due to introduce peak/off-peak award pricing in March 2020. However, they postponed it till 2021 as a part of their response to the pandemic. Now, WoH has announced that they will only introduce the Peak/off-Peak pricing in July 2021. This means that free-night redemptions will continue to be at standard rates through June 2021.
Limited Hotel Category Changes for 2021
Hyatt has already jumped on the 2021 strategy and addressed a key concern of members, about the redemption pricing of hotels. With only a few exceptions, World of Hyatt is suspending its 2021 hotel category award chart changes that typically occur each March. This means that most hotels will remain in their current categories and be redeemable for the same number of points in 2021 as they were in 2020, with a few current exceptions. You can view the list of current hotels shifting award categories here.
- 12 hotels will be shifting to a lower award category effective October 29, 2020. This means members will soon be able to enjoy free night awards for fewer points at Hyatt hotels including Grand Hyatt Vail (from category 7 to 6), Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel (from category 5 to 4), The Lodge at Spruce Peak, A Destination Hotel (from 8 to 7), and Park New York (from category 6 to 5), and more.
- Four hotels will be shifting to a higher award category effective mid-March 2021, requiring more points to redeem for a free night award. You can view the list of current hotels shifting award categories
Hyatt has been generous through the pandemic, whether with their extensions to provide members with more time to enjoy their perks, or to provide members with an additional opportunity to earn more points quicker via promotions.
What do you make of these latest World of Hyatt announcements?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.