Hello everyone from Mumbai. The New Year is here, and with it, new beginnings, deals, and rewards have followed. At the Lounge, we hope that this year you would travel better. After all, its time to Elevate your Travel.
The year kicked into gear with a lot happening around the globe. You can catch up on all the latest happenings from the first week of the year in our weekly recap.
Our Top Stories
IndiGo received their New Year gift in the form of their first A321neo, which might see it flying to Europe soon. HDFC Bank extended their popular 10x Rewards, and also the lesser known 5x counterpart through March 2019, which will add significantly to the rewards point collection this year.
- Exclusive: IndiGo all set to start London operations in March 2019
- HDFC Bank Diners Club 10X Rewards extended through March 2019
- HDFC Bank 5X Reward Points for cardholders
News and Views
Qatar Airways, which already hold stakes in few airlines, bought some in China Southern as well. Hyatt Hotels is busy increasing their footprint in India. Air India has started open bids for upgrades to the higher cabins. Jet Airways is also angling for further expansion into London, which happens to be their breadwinner market.
- Qatar Airways buys a stake in China Southern
- Hyatt to open five new hotels in India in 2019
- You can now bid for upgrades on Air India
- How many aircraft did Indian airlines add in 2018?
- Is Jet Airways planning more Delhi – London flights?
Ajay was on a quick trip to Ahmedabad, where he walked into the new Plaza Premium Lounge in the domestic terminal. Here is a quick insight into what you have on offer there.
Cards and Rewards
HDFC Bank came up with the breathtaking news at the start of the year. American Express is doling out a great set of rewards just to add a supplementary user. Hilton Honors launched their first promotion for the year, which is getting you assured extra points when you book direct.
- Citibank Credit Card offers forex charge waiver
- Kotak Credit Card offers 5% cashback on forex transactions
- Register now for Hilton Honors ‘Points Unlimited’ promotion
- Amex supplementary card offer: bonuses for adding new users
Safe travels in the New Year, and have a great weekend ahead. And while you are at it, check out Jet Airways’ new global sale which just launched and has 50% off on fares.