Hello from Mumbai folks. A lot has happened in the world of miles and points and travel last week. Here is a snapshot of the news, ongoing promotions and stories from our readers. Check it out.
Our Top Stories
Earlier this year we started sharing success stories from our readers. Last week, we talked about one of our readers who earned 80,000 miles in a short span of just 7 months. If you have already started planning long weekend trips, don’t forget to check out the hotel promotions and the American Express offer on stays at Hyatt hotels.
- Reader Success Story: I earned 80000 miles in 7 Months
- Deal: INR 4000 Hyatt American Express Card Credit on offer
- Hotel Promotions to Maximise in January 2019
News & Views
Lots of stuff happening in the Indian aviation sector. You are in for hard luck, since you will see a lot of delays at Indian airports in the coming days. Boarding pass stamping becoming a thing of the past at Mumbai Airport. Air India not accepting First Class bookings anymore. And LOT Polish will soon return to India after many decades.
- Delhi / Mumbai / Bangalore airports to see delay/cancellations
- Mumbai Airport eliminating Boarding Pass Stamping
- Does Air India Have First Class? No More it seems.
- Free Thailand Visa on Arrival through April 2019
- LOT Polish Airlines to connect Warsaw and Delhi in September 2019
- Etihad Airways upping stake in Jet Airways to 49%
Cards and Rewards
American Express continues to be in the news. But there is tonnes happening on other fronts too. Ajay managed to get his hands on the Amazon ICICI Bank credit card. Here is a quick recap of everything that is happening and all the changes coming.
- Getting the Amazon ICICI Bank Credit Card!
- A new Etihad Guest SBI Card is on its way
- Now, use Vistara Upgrade Vouchers for confirmed upgrades
- Marriott Bonvoy is launching February 13
Have a good weekend, and we will be back with more news in the days ahead. And do not forget, the American Express Travel Card is going for Free this week. All the best to those running the Mumbai Marathon tomorrow, we are cheering for you!