Earlier this week, one of the stringent requirements for those departing from the Indian subcontinent to Dubai and other UAE airports was removed, which was the requirement to do a second Rapid-PCR test just six hours before boarding the flight to UAE. Now, there has been a further simplification of the requirements to travel to the UAE for those originating from India.
UAE removes all sorts of RT-PCR testing for those who arrive from India and are vaccinated
Till so far, arriving in Dubai from India and other South Asian countries had three medical tests required for it:
- An RT-PCR negative test report (with a valid QR code), with the sample collected within 48 hours.
- A Rapid-PCR conducted at the airport within 6 hours of flight departure.
- A free on-arrival RT-PCR at Dubai Airport (and quarantine till you receive your negative test result).
As of February 22, 2022, these requirements were changed, and a Rapid-PCR test at the departure airport is no longer required for departing to the UAE.
Now, the UAE has made it even simpler for those arriving from India, and are vaccinated. No RT-PCR tests are needed, as long as they can present a full course of vaccination done.
The updated requirements for the vaccinated/unvaccinated travellers from India to UAE effective February 26, 2022, are as follows:
- Vaccinated Guests: Present a valid vaccination certificate that reflects the completion of doses of vaccines approved by the WHO or the United Arab Emirates (UAE), provided with a QR code system.
- Unvaccinated Guests: Present a valid Negative Covid-19 Test certificate that should be based on a molecular diagnostic test intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid for SARS-COV-2 viral RNA, that is issued within the valid time frame, namely, 48 hours from the time of collecting the sample and from an approved health service provider, which uses a QR code system.
Present a valid medical certificate issued by the relevant authorities that the traveller has recovered from Coronavirus SARS Cov-19 within a period of one (1) month (the date of recovery and the date of arrival) provided with a QR code system.
- Undergo a PC test upon arrival in UAE, if requested, and self-quarantine until a negative test result is released to the traveller. In the event, the guest is tested positive, then such quest shall follow the guidelines issued by the relevant Health Authority.
For Transit Passenger(s), the rules/conditions governing entry at the final destination of the transit passenger(s) shall be applicable. Travellers who are less than 12 years old are exempted from the above criteria.
Here is a trade bulletin issued by Air India/Air India Express reflecting the new requirements.
Effective February 26, 2022, arrivals in the UAE are no longer require a PCR test prior to departure from India if they are fully vaccinated.
Are you flying to the UAE on or after February 26, 2022, from India? Do share your experiences.
(H/T Avinash Adnani)
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.