While I’ve been waiting for Uber to come to my city of Mumbai, Uber has gone ahead and launched in Secret Uber mode (Beta) in Chennai last evening. This is the fourth city they’ve launched in India, which means Mumbai does not get the privilege of Uber in January 2014. The other cities are Bangalore, Delhi and Hyderabad. Here is how my first experience with them went in Delhi.
Now, Uber in Chennai can be ordered via the smartphone app for iOS and Android phones, and all you need is a credit card number fed into your phone app to be able to bill the rides to, since Uber works cashless and you don’t have to pay when you release the ride. Here is the fare that they have set for Chennai.
Like I’ve written before, there is also a promotion running with Uber till today, where the referral amount for signup is Rs. 600 instead of Rs. 300.
You can use my referral link to be able to get this amount in your account (tomorrow it goes back to Rs. 300), and use it whenever you please. Additionally, the following coupon codes are active which help you get a free ride or two.
- YSCHENNAI: 2 Free Rides in Chennai upto Rs. 300 applied to your account.
- HELLOHYD and HYDLAUNCH: Rs. 300 credit applied to your account for your first ride in Hyderabad, over and above your referral credit. Expires 31 January 2014
- MOTORBEAM: Rs. 500 credit for new users over and above your referral credit.
- UBERSAVE600: Rs. 600 credit for new users over and above your referral credit.
- ROLLLIKEBOSS: GBP 20 credit applied to your account which expires 30 September 2014.