Mumbai has imposed a new restriction on those arriving from the UAE and living in Mumbai, with immediate effect. As per the new guidelines issued by Mumbai’s BMC, everyone who transfers into India from the United Arab Emirates will have to stay at home for seven days and get tested on the eighth day. A week ago, this requirement was issued for Dubai Airport only.
As per the Mumbai MCGM, the United Arab Emirates has many passengers changing their flights in UAE Airports such as Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Hence there is a mixing of travellers at their airports. Therefore, given the threat of Omicron infection in Mumbai from the passengers arriving from UAE-based airports, they have issued new guidelines.
- All international passengers who arrive on a flight from UAE (Emirates/Fly Dubai/Go First/ Vistara/Air India/SpiceJet/IndiGo/Air Arabia, etc. and private aircraft included) and a resident of Mumbai will compulsorily undergo seven days of Home Quarantine after arriving in Mumbai.
- There shall be no need to do an RT-PCR on arrival.
- Travellers residing in parts of Maharashtra other than Mumbai will be transferred by the collector, who shall arrange transport for such travellers. These travellers will not be allowed to take public transportation.
- Travellers who have connecting flights to other States or other parts of Maharashtra will be allowed to take the connecting flights; however, it is the responsibility of the Airport Authority to inform the respective Airport Officer regarding the travellers arriving from UAE.
- All the travellers arriving from UAE and who are residents of Mumbai will be in-home quarantine and followed by the Ward War Room for seven days. On the 7th day, RT-PCR will be done. If the test is negative, the traveller will self-monitor for another seven days. If the test is positive, they will be shifted to institutional quarantine as per the current guidelines for international travellers.
Here is a copy of the amended order issued today. This is applicable with immediate effect.
If you arrive in Mumbai on a flight that connects/originates in the UAE, tough luck. If you are planning to stay in Mumbai, you will be subject to a 7-day home quarantine and a test on day 8, after which you will be able to move freely in the city. And since this is Mumbai, they are anal about containing Covid-19 spread in the city, so there is not much leeway here.
What do you think of the new rules imposing a compulsory home quarantine for those arriving via/from the UAE into India?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.