The world is slowly opening up for vaccinated travellers again, which means many travel opportunities for Indian travellers are also opening up. The latest to join in is Turkey.
Turkey had, in June 2021, instituted a quarantine for those travelling from India to Turkey for 14 days. This has now been scaled back and removed for vaccinated travellers.
Effective from September 4, 2021, passengers travelling from India to Turkey or those who have been in India within the last 14 days will be subject to the following measures:
- All passengers must submit a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before arrival
- Passengers who certify that they have had at least two doses (single dose for Johnson & Johnson) of the vaccines approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization or Turkey, provided that at least 14 days have passed since the last dose be exempted from mandatory quarantine.
- Passengers who cannot provide the abovementioned certificate will be quarantined in their residence or the address they will On the 10th day of the quarantine; they will be subjected to PCR test and:
- if the PCR test result is negative, quarantine will be terminated
- if the PCR test result is positive, treatment will be conducted per the Covid-19 guidelines of the Ministry of Health of Turkey
- The quarantine period for those who do not have a PCR test on the 10th day will be extended to 14 days.
- The requirements mentioned above do not apply to transit or transfer passengers.
- There will be no PCR requirement and quarantine for the crew
- Passengers under the age of 12 will be exempted from PCR test and vaccination certificate applications on entry.
Here is the official statement from Turkey, which you can download if needed.
This will be only valid for Covishield-vaccinated passengers from India for now, and not Covaxin jabbed till it is certified by the WHO for use.
Turkey has opened up to fully vaccinated Indian travellers and has removed their quarantine requirement as well. This should mean another opportunity to travel from India, apart from France, Spain, Germany, Sri Lanka, UAE to name a few.
What do you make of the move from Turkey to open up to vaccinated Indians without quarantine?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.