It has almost become an annual event. A SpiceJet fare sale almost always kicks in the lean season, and last year they had two of them in Q1 2013.
Just this morning, SpiceJet has announced the details of a 50% off Fare Sale they have put out on all direct routes in the country for travel 30 days out. The sale is valid for travel till April 15, 2014 on direct flights. Connecting and Via flights don’t count. [Someone pointed out to me the sale is also for their international routes however I could not verify this.]
Some of the fares they have put out look very very tempting, and are infact 50% off the regular fares on those routes. I was able to validate most of them.
So, if you have a getaway planned, maybe right now is a good time to look up the SpiceJet website to lock in that ticket. The same fares are also available on online travel agents like Yatra & MakeMyTrip. Or you could also wait a few hours till other airlines match the fare sale with their own. In the past, SpiceJet has been matched by almost all the domestic carriers. [Update: Indigo has matched the Spicejet Sale]
Here are some details of the sale:
- Super Sale is valid on all direct flights on the SpiceJet network. Connecting and Via flights will not feature in Super Sale.
- SpiceJet will offer 50% discount on base fare and fuel surcharge on the ticket. All applicable fees / taxes to be paid by the customer.
- Minimum 30 days advance purchase required to avail of the Super Sale fares.
- Super Sale is a 3 day offer for bookings made between 21st January 2014 and 23rd January 2014.
- Super Sale is valid for travel up to 15th April 2014.
- Super Sale is available on spicejet.com, online travel portals, and through travel agents. It is NOT available through SpiceJet’s Sales and Reservation Centre or at our Airport Ticketing Offices.
- Changes/cancellation in the bookings made under Super Sale offer can be made upon payment of a applicable change/cancellation fee along with difference in fare, if applicable.
Do tell me about your successes in the comments section below. And I appreciate your support to the blog via my referral links.
- Spicejet sale: Rs. 2013 a.i. for travel anywhere in India
- Spicejet enters the fare war with Jet Airways