Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer loyalty programme is out there with a new credit card transfer bonus, which might be of interest to some of you. This is one of the rare times Singapore Airlines is running a transfer bonus across the board in many countries in one go so that it would be of interest to many geographies.
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer 15% transfer bonus
Singapore Airlines is offering up to a 15% transfer bonus when you convert your credit card reward points into KrisFlyer miles through November 22, 2021. Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer is offering a promotional bonus for transferred credit card points which hit your KrisFlyer Account by this date. To be eligible to receive the conversion bonus, you need to transfer in at least 10,000 KrisFlyer miles in one transfer transaction. This campaign has no cap on the number of miles you can transfer and the number of miles you can receive as a bonus. No registration is required.
The bonus works at two levels:
- Earn 12% bonus miles when you convert between 10,000 to 49,999 miles in a single qualifying transaction
- Earn 15% bonus miles when you convert 50,000 miles or more in a single qualifying transaction.
In specific geographies such as Hong Kong and Indonesia, the bonus would go 20% more miles. To convert your Credit Card points to miles, you need to have a simple three-step process:
- Log in to your bank rewards account.
- Convert your bank reward points to KrisFlyer miles, with a minimum of 10,000 KrisFlyer miles in a single transaction to qualify for bonus miles.
- Receive 12% or 15% more miles on your base KrisFlyer miles converted in your KrisFlyer account.
For India, the following transferable points programmes are eligible:
- American Express Membership Rewards (2 MR: 1 KF Mile, so transfer at least 20,000 Membership Rewards points to get the 12% bonus or 100,000 Membership Rewards points to get the 15% bonus)
- Citibank (2 PremierMiles: 1 KF Mile/1 Prestige Point: 4 KF Miles, so transfer at least 20,000 PremierMiles or 2,500 Prestige points to get the 12% bonus or at least 100,000 PremierMiles or 12,500 Prestige Points to get the 15% bonus)
- HDFC Bank (different ratios for different cards; 1:1 for Infinia and Diners Club Black)
- HSBC (1 Reward Point: 1 KF Mile except for MMT co-brand card, so transfer at least 10,000 points to get the bonus)
This page lists the bonuses for all countries, so visit Singapore Airlines to know the bonus for your bank in your country.
Earn Status without Flying As well
Simultaneously, Singapore Airlines has been running another promotion. They are offering Singapore Airlines Gold status to anyone who brings in 250,000 Miles in their KrisFlyer Account by converting points from credit cards. Singapore Airlines has clarified that they will count the bonus miles transferred to qualify for the promotion to earn status without flying.
- KrisFlyer Silver, which usually requires 25,000 Elite Miles (the equivalent of 125,000 miles converted in), will now require you to convert in 108,700 miles (27175 Citi Prestige Points/108,700 HDFC Infinia/Diners Club Black Points and so on)
- KrisFlyer Gold, which usually requires 50,000 Elite Miles (the equivalent of 250,000 miles converted in), will now require you to convert in 217,400 miles (54,350 Citi Prestige Points/217,400 HDFC Infinia/Diners Club Black Points and so on)
Many people have got back to me stating that they don’t see the elite credits for the 15% bonus hitting their account immediately. The answer to this is stated in the FAQs, which say that for the elite credits on bonus miles credited, they will be credited “3 weeks after the campaign period, i.e. by December 14, 2021, or such other date as SIA may prescribe from time to time.”
Should you transfer points to KrisFlyer at this time?
The answer is yes, and no. Singapore Airlines does not usually offer transfer bonuses of their own, so after a long while, they have offered a transfer bonus from credit cards. The more important reason is, the premium cabin inventory from Singapore Airlines is restricted usually to KrisFlyer members only, so tough luck with those who want to book it via other programmes. A third one is that you can use all the bonus points for a Star Alliance redemption.
On the other hand, Singapore Airlines is currently vastly restricted in its operations. That means hardly any redemption opportunity on SQ itself for the time being. However, that has not stopped an enthusiastic reader from booking a round-the-world trip.
Singapore Airlines is offering a 12%-15% credit card transfer bonus at the moment for transferring points from credit card programmes to their KrisFlyer programme. Admittedly this is a huge income stream for SQ, and there might have been a reduction in transfers to KF, so they want to remind everyone about their option to transfer to their programme at the moment. You have the opportunity to move points and make sure they hit your KrisFlyer account by November 22, 2021.
Anyone planning to transfer points and benefit from this promotion?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.