Every month, the Singapore Airlines Krisflyer programme lists sectors where they discount the redemptions by 30%. The travel dates are the month after. Singapore Airlines released the list of Spontaneous Escapes, as they call them, which are valid for ticketing from today through April 30, 2022, and travel between May 1 and May 31, 2022.
Spontaneous Escapes came back after a long while in March 2022, and the offer is valid for redemption on flights to a wide range of destinations across the Singapore Airlines network. From India, for instance, flights to Ahmedabad, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Bangalore are available for redemption, and redemptions start as low as 12,950 Krisflyer miles oneway.
Some other very interesting long-haul routes are up and on sale. For instance, for travel to the USA, you can pick up tickets in both directions in Premium Economy, Economy or Business Class (depending on the aircraft, for instance, the Airbus A350-900 ULR Singapore / Newark does not have Economy class at all).
How to Redeem?
- Log in to your KrisFlyer account with your KrisFlyer membership number/ email address and password at the top right corner of this page.
- Select ‘Book a Flight’ on your dashboard.
- Click ‘Redeem flights’ and select your travel details.
- The redemption discount will only be reflected in the booking summary panel after selecting the flights.
- Seats are limited, and redemption availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.
I’ve enlisted some key terms and conditions I’ve gleaned away from the website of Singapore Airlines.
Key Terms & Conditions
- To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 21 April 2022 (0000 hrs, GMT+8) and 30 April 2022 (2359 hrs, GMT+8), both dates inclusive, for travel from 1 May 2022 (0000 hrs, GMT+8) to 31 May 2022 (2359 hrs, GMT+8) for all destinations.
- If (i) any part of the itinerary is confirmed after the Promotion Period; (ii) or falls outside the applicable Travel Period; and/or (iii) contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion. Please split your bookings for travel within and outside the promotional travel period.
- Any waitlist redemption confirmed after 30 April 2022 (2359 hrs, GMT +8) will not be entitled to the discount and will be charged at full mileage levels.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not allowed for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
- For (i) any flights cancelled by SIA, or (ii) if an SQ-operated flight was removed from a Participant’s booking due to Covid-19 and governmental regulatory changes, the miles redeemed in the unused portion of the ticket will be refunded into the relevant Participant’s KrisFlyer account with no additional fees charged. However, requests to change any booking details, or to retain the ticket for future use will not be granted. Participants may submit their request via the Assistance Request form.
- The 30% discount level is only applied to the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy Class Saver, Premium Economy Class Saver and/or Business Class Saver award ticket. The 30% discount will be displayed upon selecting eligible flight(s) under the Promo Awards category during booking on singaporeair.com.
As a reminder, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer miles are straightforward to earn in India, given that you can transfer them from the following credit cards:
- American Express Platinum Charge Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Gold Charge Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- Citibank Prestige: 1 Point: 4 KF Miles
- Citibank PremierMiles: 2 PremierMiles: 1 KF Mile
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Black: 1 Point: 1 KF Mile
- HDFC Bank Infinia: 1 Point: 1 KF Mile
- HSBC Credit Cards
With travel opening up, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer offers the opportunity to redeem 30% fewer miles and fly over to Singapore and into other parts of the world (up to 50 destinations!) as long as you book your tickets now and fly in May 2022. It would be a great use of some of those KrisFlyer miles you might have transferred to use the promotion to earn status for a couple of years.
I think these are some great deals. Which ones of these deals are you planning to take benefit of?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.
SQ has quietly devalued Krisflyer miles. Now BOM – LHR Business class costs 61000 miles instead of 54000
Hey Ajay, I have booked BOM-SIN in Business for last week of May. But I booked at saver level, so paid 39K miles. Can I change that booking now to be booked at 27300 mikes?
@Neil, I’d like to believe that you’d need to cancel and rebook. At that time, you might or might not see the availability return plus you are on the hook for a cancellation fee as well.
Hi while transferring points to krisflyer from diners club black,it is asking for how long the krisflyer card is valid for,i dont see any date on the digital krisflyer card,where can i find it and how to transfer from hdfc diners black to krisflyer. Your help is much appreciated
I used the status renewal date and worked fine for me.
Thanks for this useful information. I am trying to book a business class award ticket from MEL-SIN-HYD in May, and it says 58800 miles for the redemption. However, when I select the promo award it say 70700 miles. Any idea why this is happening? Or is it better if I call the SIA call centre to book this ticket.
Promo awards calculate as single segments added together. Saver awards are calculated as zone based. You are better off saver.