Every month, the Singapore Airlines Krisflyer programme lists sectors where they discount the redemptions by 30%. The travel dates are the month after. This month, to celebrate the programme’s 25 years in service, KrisFlyer has made a potentially more lucrative promotion: a 25% discount for all redemptions in Economy and select flights in Premium Economy.
Singapore Airlines Global Sale
From October 16-22, 2023, you get 25% off Economy Saver award tickets to all destinations on Singapore Airlines and Premium Economy Saver award tickets on selected non-stop flights between Singapore and the USA for travel between January to July 2024. This promotion is offered to celebrate KrisFlyer’s 25th anniversary in February 2024.
The following flights are being offered in Premium Economy on a redemption discount. As I said earlier, all economy Saver redemptions are being provided on a 25% discount anyway.
This promotion allows you to redeem Economy Class flights starting from 6,375 KrisFlyer miles and Premium Economy Class flights on select long-haul non-stop routes from 56,250 miles. From India, it means redemptions start at 15,000 KrisFlyer Miles per person one way from the following stations:
You can string together further connections, such as to Hong Kong, Japan, China, Australia and the US on this sale.
How to Redeem?
- Log in to your KrisFlyer account with your KrisFlyer membership number/ email address and password at the top right corner of this page.
- Select ‘Book a Flight’ on your dashboard.
- Click ‘Redeem flights’ and select your travel details.
- After selecting the flights, the redemption discount will only be reflected in the booking summary panel.
- Seats are limited, and redemption availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.
I’ve enlisted some key terms and conditions from the Singapore Airlines website.
Key Terms & Conditions
- Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com or the SingaporeAir mobile app. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents, or any other channels.
- To qualify for the Promotion, tickets must be issued between 16 October 2023 (0000 hrs, GMT+8) and 22 October 2023 (2359 hrs, GMT+8) (“Promotion Period”), both dates inclusive, for travel from 1 January 2024 (0000 hrs, GMT+8) to 31 July 2024 (2359 hrs, GMT+8) for all destinations.
- If (i) any part of the itinerary is confirmed after the Promotion Period; (ii) or falls outside the applicable Travel Period; and/or (iii) contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion. Please split your bookings for travel within and outside the promotional travel period.
- Waitlist redemption is not available for all flights offered in this Promotion.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
- This promotion applies to one-way and round-trip travel. No stopovers are allowed for this promotion.
- The 25% discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy Class Saver, Premium Economy Class Saver award ticket. The 25% discount will be displayed upon selecting eligible flight(s) under the Promo Awards category during booking on singaporeair.com.
As a reminder, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer miles are straightforward to earn in India, given that you can transfer them from the following credit cards:
- American Express Platinum Charge Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Gold Charge Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- Citibank Prestige: 1 Point: 4 KF Miles
- Citibank PremierMiles: 2 PremierMiles: 1 KF Mile
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Black: 1 Point: 1 KF Mile
- HDFC Bank Infinia: 1 Point: 1 KF Mile
- HSBC Credit Cards
- Axis Bank Credit Cards
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer offers the opportunity to redeem 25% fewer miles and fly over to Singapore and into other parts of the world as long as you book your tickets now and fly between January and July 2024. It would be a great use of some of those KrisFlyer miles you might have transferred to use the promotion to earn status a couple of years ago.
These are some great deals. Which ones of these deals are you planning to take benefit of?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.