Last night, I wrote about the massive repatriation flights project that has been initiated by the Government of India to fly out Indians from across the globe back home to India. While one would have expected this project to have started sooner, I am glad it is finally underway.
[Bookmark this page and keep checking back if you intend to fly from the UAE to India on a repatriation flight]
At LiveFromALounge, we will be keeping track of the flights for various countries where there are a lot of Indians trying to get back home. Flights will start operating on May 7, 2020, onwards and one of the first bunch of flights will operate out of the United Arab Emirates.
You can register to be considered for being put on these flights at the Indian Embassy in UAE’s website. Click here to register. This form is to be filled for a single individual at a time. A separate form may be filled for each family member. Once you register for these flights, the Embassy of India in UAE will create a list of people who will be flown back on each flight and contacted by the Embassy. The Embassy has already received over 200,000 registrations to fly back Indians from the UAE, so these flights will go on for a while.
On May 7, 2020, two flights will be operated from UAE to India: Abu Dhabi to Kochi and Dubai to Kozhikode which will be operated by Air India Express. Each flight will take home about 200 passengers. [Abu Dhabi to Kochi has arrived] [Dubai to Kozhikode has arrived]
Medical screening of passengers will be done before taking the flight, and only asymptomatic passengers will be accepted on the flight. Priority will be given to elderly people, workers in distress, pregnant women, urgent medical cases. These flights won’t be free. A seat on each of these flights operated by Air India Express will cost INR 15,000 (725 Dirham). Air India flights operated from Dubai to Amritsar/Kochi/Delhi will cost INR 13,000 (605 Dirham) while the flight from Abu Dhabi to Hyderabad will cost INR 15,000 (700 Dirham).
Here is the rest of the schedule. Flights with an updated schedule on May 6, 2020, are highlighted:
- May 8, 2020: Dubai to Chennai (IX514 Dubai departure 2:55 PM/Chennai arrival 8:10 PM)
- May 8, 2020: Dubai to Chennai (IX612 Dubai departure 7:00 PM/Chennai arrival 0:25 AM(+1))
- May 9, 2020: Sharjah to Lucknow (IX184 Sharjah departure 3:15 PM/Lucknow arrival 8:50 PM)
- May 11, 2020: Abu Dhabi to Hyderabad (AI1920 Abu Dhabi departure 11:30 AM/Hyderabad Arrival 5:00 PM with an Airbus A321)
- May 11, 2020: Dubai to Kochi (IX434 Dubai departure 2:45 PM/Kochi arrival 8:10 PM)
- May 12, 2020: Dubai to Kannur (IX814 Dubai departure 2:00 PM/Kannur arrival 7:10 PM)
- May 13, 2020: Dubai to Delhi (AI916 Dubai departure 3:00 PM/Delhi Arrival 8:30 PM with a Boeing 787-8)
- May 13, 2020: Dubai to Delhi (AI996 Dubai departure 4:30 PM/Delhi Arrival 10:00 PM with a Boeing 787-8)
- May 13, 2020: Dubai to Amritsar (IX142 Dubai departure 4:00 PM/Amritsar arrival 8:30 PM)
More such repatriation flights will be operated and we will update this page with details of repatriation flights to India from UAE as and when more information is made available.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. Even though the amount you enter has to be in INR, you may use an international card to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.