Last month, I wrote about the upcoming changes to British Airways Executive Club redemptions on partner airlines. BA has determined that redemptions on Alaska Airlines, Air Italy, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LATAM, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, S7, Sri Lankan, and Royal Jordanian Airlines will change, for a new Award Chart, however, they did not tell us how many miles would be required going forward.
Redemption rates on the IAG owned carriers, namely British Airways, Air Lingus, Iberia and Vueling, will remain unchanged. Here is the British Airways website, talking about the changes to come.
British Airways works on a distance-based award chart. The new British Airways award chart was already revealed to the BA support centre, but not to customers. Here are some of the changes that are expected to be coming.
- 0-650 miles: 6,000 Avios (currently 4,500 Avios)
- 651-1,150 miles: 9,000 Avios (currently 7,500 Avios)
- 1,151 miles-2,000 miles: 11,000 Avios (currently 10,000 Avios)
- 2,001 miles-3,000 miles: 13,000 Avios (currently 12,500 Avios)
Other changes are more modest, with a 2-3% rise.
You still have a couple of days to book any award travel on the current rates. While we are not sure if these are the new changes, calling the call centre, this is the information we received. It is not a real lousy devaluation, just a modest hike I would say. As a reminder, the British Airways Executive Club is transfer partners with the following credit cards in India:
- American Express Platinum Card
- American Express Gold Card
- American Express Platinum Reserve Card
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Black
- Citibank PremierMiles
- Citibank Prestige
Where are you heading with your British Airways Avios next?