MasterCard’s Lounge Access programme has been perhaps one of the most visited posts on my site. I first wrote about it in 2012 and then in 2014. A reader alerted me to the massive upgrade this program received this past week. And it has become really really good now, with a total of 31 lounges being offered across various airports in India.
As per the new MasterCard Lounge Access Program, which went live on September 10, 2015 and will remain in effect till December 2016, the following lounges are now available for access at major Indian airports, with an Indian credit/debit card issued on MasterCard.
- Ahmedabad: BICA (Domestic), Port Lounge (International)
- Bangalore (Bengaluru): Above Ground Level (Domestic/International), Plaza Premium (Domestic/International)
- Baroda (Vadodara): Port Lounge (Domestic)
- Bhubaneshwar: Mayfair (Domestic)
- Chennai (Madras): TFS (Domestic/International)
- Cochin (Kochi): Earth (Domestic/International)
- Dehradun: Port (Domestic)
- Delhi: Plaza Premium (Terminal 1D), Plaza Premium (Terminal 3 Domestic/International), ITC Green (International)
- Goa: Port (Domestic/International)
- Hyderabad: Plaza Premium (Domestic/International)
- Kolkata: TFS (Domestic/International)
- Mumbai: Carnations (Terminal 1C), Good Times Bar(Terminal 1B), Loyalty Lounge (International)
- Pune: Port Lounge (Domestic/International)
I think there are quite a few new additions on the cities for the lounge access program, which is a welcome move because it just allows more reasons for the company to have people to subscribe to a MasterCard credit card.
As a reminder, you do need to present a valid MasterCard (issued in India), to be able to access these lounges. It could be a debit/credit card or on the Maestro network. Usually, your card would be charged for INR 25 to check if it is valid and access should be granted. The money gets credited to your bank account/credit card immediately. Each bank places different limits on who can access the lounge and how many times a month, so it is best to refer to your card issuer for details on the program.
(H.T.: Prateek Agarwal)