Just 40 days ago, Oberoi Hotels and Resorts had (re)launched their membership programme and called it Oberoi One. The loyalty programme of Oberoi, which focussed on high-touch service over the years as a luxury hotel brand, was termed as a Distinctive Guest Recognition Programme and did not have a concept of granting points to members, but rather grants them perks such as these listed below:
- Exclusive member-only rates on oberoihotels.com
- Late check out until 2.00 pm
- 10% savings on dining, even when not staying at an Oberoi hotel
- Premium WiFi for unlimited devices for the duration of your stay
- Complimentary stays and upgrades at frequent intervals
Oberoi One & Mandarin Oriental Fans of MO are now partners.
Oberoi One and Mandarin Oriental hotels’ Fans of MO have launched a partnership together, called O&MO Alliance, as a part of a long-term strategic alliance between the two hotel groups. Like Oberoi Hotels, Mandarin Oriental also has a small footprint of luxury hotels across the globe, and together, both chains offer access to 50 hotels. Also, like Oberoi, Fans of MO is a Guest Recognition programme.
If you join, you will have access to complimentary WiFi, members-only offers and a welcome amenity every time you stay at a participating M.O. property. Also, members who book through the Mandarin Oriental website will be offered two further benefits such as early check-in or late check-out, a dining or spa credit, daily breakfast, or a room upgrade.
Members of Fans of M.O. will receive personalized attention, added benefits, exclusive offers and access to bespoke events when travelling to Oberoi Hotels worldwide. Members of Oberoi One will receive similarly receive personalized attention, added benefits, exclusive offers and access to bespoke events when travelling to Mandarin Oriental Hotels worldwide.
Members of Oberoi One, for instance, heading into a Mandarin Oriental hotel will be provided, Breakfast for two, 10% savings on spa, Complimentary WIFI, Room upgrade and a welcome amenity.
While this membership looks great, we need to see how it will be implemented on the ground. Taj Hotels, one of the other luxury hotel chains of India, already partners Shangri-La hotels. In their cooperation, status perks are also extended, and points are also allowed to be burned at the other chain’s hotels.
Booking via Virtuoso a better option?
Most of these benefits are the bare minimum you would expect from a hotel chain anyways, but when booking via a Virtuoso travel agent, you might get much more for the same price. Take, for instance, the Oberoi Hotels which grants you a spa or meal credit on booking via Virtuoso as compared to a small discount on their own programme.
- At The Oberoi Amarvilas, The Oberoi, Mumbai, The Oberoi, Gurgaon, The Oberoi Udaivilas, The Oberoi Vanyavilas, The Oberoi Rajvilas, The Oberoi Grand, The Oberoi, New Delhi and The Oberoi Mauritius, booking via Virtuoso, you get Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability, Daily Buffet Breakfast for up to 2 in-room guests, Early check-in/ late check-out, subject to availability & Complimentary Wi-Fi. Added perk you get a complimentary lunch for up to two people per room, once during stay, excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities. The Oberoi Sukhvilas, on the other hand, grants a USD 100 F&B credit and does not insist on lunch so that you can use it for dinner as well.
- At The Oberoi Bali, on the other hand, you get a free 60 minutes massage as your amenity.
Similarly, when booking Mandarin Oriental Hotels via Virtuoso, expect to receive a USD 100 credit or a free tapas or many perks, apart from an upgrade which is perhaps higher in priority.
Mandarin Oriental and Oberoi Hotels have signed up for a guest recognition programme where frequent guests of one chain will be getting perks at the other hotel chain as well. No points and statuses are involved, however.
What do you make of the new partnership between Oberoi Hotels and Mandarin Oriental Hotels’ Guest recognition programmes?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.