Maldives, which has been exceptionally busy with Indian tourists during 2020-21 had to shut down to travel originating from India due to the upswing in the CoVid-19 cases in India and in Maldives as well. Now, flights between India and Maldives will resume from July 15, 2021 onwards, as the island nation opens its borders to South Asian countries again.
Tourists traveling from South Asia will be issued on-arrival tourist visa and allowed to stay in Tourist Resorts effective from July 15, 2021 onwards. Inbound tourists from South Asia will be accommodated in Guesthouses in Local Islands, effective from July 30, 2021.
If you are planning to fly to Maldives, then here’s all you need to know:
- International passengers need to have a negative RT-PCR test before entering the island nation (sample collection to be done within 96 hours of arrival)
- Children below the age of 01 year are exempted from the pre-departure RT-PCR test.
- On the Maldives immigration portal, a health declaration form needs to be filled 24 hours prior to departure.
- ln addition to the above, passengers arriving from South Asian countries (Afghanistan, Pakistan’ lndia’ Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesir, and Sri Lanka) are required to take a PCR test between 48 (forty eight) hours and 72 (seventy two) hours of their arrival to the Maldives.
- A confirmed booking at a registered tourist facility is essential for the grant of the visa on arrival. Here is the list of approved resorts open right now.
- Tourists who arrived from lndia and/or returning to lndia after their stay in the Maldives, must obtain a departure PCR test taken at most 72 (seventy two) hours before departure from the Maldives.
Here is the notification issued by Maldives in this regard.
If you are planning to fly to the Maldives, Go First (GoAir) will launch flights from Delhi, Bengaluru and Male from July 15, 2021 onwards. IndiGo will also operate from July 15 onwards, from Mumbai, Kochi and Bengaluru to Male. Here is a note they sent out to their sales partners.
If you are looking to travel to the Maldives, here is a list of over 20 plus resorts where you can get some discounts and a lot of VIP treatment (including upgrades), as long as you book via ClassicTravel. Check it out.
What do you make of the new rules to fly to the Maldives. When are you going?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.