Yesterday I wrote about the new Jet Privilege – HDFC Bank credit cards which are now out in the market. In a comparison with the old tie-up with Citibank, there were some better benefits which I pointed out. Here is a summary:
- JetPrivilege Platinum members used to have the Citibank Credit Card free as long as they held their Platinum tier. With HDFC Bank, that was not the case.
- In the tie-up with Citibank, there were renewal benefits where the card-members would get bonus miles on fee payment every year. With HDFC Bank, that benefit was withdrawn.
- The upgrade vouchers for Rs. 2,00,000 spend offered by Citibank are replaced with one tier point for the same spend with HDFC Bank. Smart move, since upgrades have an opportunity cost, tier points have no cost at all.
It seems HDFC Bank or Jet Airways got wind of the blogpost, and overnight some of these anomalies have been wrinkled out.
- The World/Platinum/Titanium MasterCard is now free for the JetPrivilege Platinum members as long as they hold the Platinum tier.
- 4,000/2,000/1,000 JP Miles will be awarded on card renewal for the World/Platinum MasterCard.
- Additionally, the fee charged for the card to everyone else will be zero on annual renewal, on meeting certain minimum spend thresholds. This threshhold is Rs. 3,50,000/2,50,000/1,50,000 for World/Platinum/ Titanium cards.
Some readers also emailed me to ask if they would automatically be delivered the new card. To that, I have to say that you will need to contact HDFC Bank, or maybe HDFC Bank will contact you, and a new application and appraisal process will be followed.
- Jet Airways’ HDFC Bank co-branded credit card does not raise the bar!
- Jet Airways’s announces new credit card partnerships with 3 banks