In a sweeping move to contain the spread of CoronaVirus in India by anyone arriving into India, the Government of India has taken some comprehensive decisions today, including suspending all visas to India for at least a month. Here is the revised travel advisory which talks about India suspends Visas:
- All existing visas, except diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas, stand suspended till April 15, 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020, at the port of departure.
- Visa-free travel facility granted to OCI cardholders is kept in abeyance till April 15, 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020, at the port of departure.
- Any foreign national who intends to travel to India for compelling reason may contact the nearest Indian Mission.
- All incoming travellers, including Indians, arriving from or having visited China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, France, Spain & Germany after February 15, 2020, shall be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020, at the port of departure.
- Incoming travellers, including Indian nationals, are advised to avoid non-essential travel and are informed that they can be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days on their arrival in India.
- Indian nationals are strongly advised to avoid all non-essential travel abroad. On their return, they can be subjected to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- International traffic through land borders will be restricted to Designated check posts with robust screening facilities. These will be notified separately by M/o Home Affairs.
- Provision for testing primarily for students/compassionate cases in Italy to be made and the collection for samples to be organized accordingly. Those tested negative will be allowed to travel and will be quarantined on arrival in India for 14 days.
Here is a complete image of the revised travel advisory.
India has finally taken the first robust measure against the influx of the virus in India, especially since the cases witnessed in India have been mainly tracked to those who have flown into India from Italy, Dubai and some other places. If someone wants to get on a plane, and they need to, they only have 24 hours to get on one now.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. Even though the amount you enter has to be in INR, you may use an international card to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.