IHG released a Black Friday promotion this past week via its Twitter handle @IHG_Deals. Using this, you could get a 100$ Flight Credit on any US RT flight after completing a weekend stay in any IHG brand hotel. You could get upto 3 flight credits in this manner till April 29, 2012.
The promotion entails signing up. After registering, you need to have a consecutive 2 night stay (weekends only) at a single IHG brand property. After the stay, you have to send your Stay Folio via fax, email or snail mail to the travel agent who is enlisted for this promotion (ATG). They will validate your stay and get you a PIN for getting your $100 off, which again, needs to be activated before you could use it with ATG. This way, you can get $300 off on 3 trips, however, you really need to work for it.
Here are some of the major restrictions placed on the promo:
- Your activated Award entitles you to receive a savings of $100 on the cost of one roundtrip airline ticket, any airline, any destination. Flights must be on a single carrier.
- Your airfare must be booked through the travel agent for this promotion ATG (CST# 2001330-10 and Florida Seller of Travel Registration #35395, and Nevada Seller of Travel Registration No. 240000054), within 4 months of Award registration. All travel using the Award must be completed within 5 months of booking.
- This offer is subject to the availability of airline seats at the specified fares at the time of booking, so the farther in advance you can make your travel plans the easier it will be to accommodate your specific preferences.
- A Saturday night stay and 14-day advance purchase of your Award flight is required by the travel agent for this promotion.
- Only one Award can be redeemed per trip. Recipient of multiple Awards cannot travel more than once per calendar quarter. This Award cannot be combined with any other promotional program.
The promotion registration comes at at the IHG website https://get100rules.ihg.com/welcome.php. After registering, you need to confirm your registration via a link in your inbox. Registration closes 28 Nov 2011.
In my view, this is a pretty complicated process to get the dollars off your ticket. So, if you already have something planned, go for it. Else, skip it.But make sure you register, just in case! You never know what stands 6 months out on your travel plans, right?
PS: I highlighted the last condition in bold, on purpose. You need to be careful that you can only redeem once per quarter so if you intend to stay for the purpose of this 100$ off trip, make sure you time your stays accordingly.