Etihad is back with a 25% bonus on mileage conversion. They frequently offer a bonus, and last year they offered a conversion bonus for 20% to Citi/Amex holders and then earlier this year they offered a 25% bonus for Amex members. The reason you should love Etihad miles being in India is that you get a discount over JetPrivilege miles to travel with your Etihad miles around India.
Etihad Guest is offering a 25% bonus when you choose to transfer your Citibank to your Etihad Guest account across various markets. The transfer period is between The following cards qualify:
- United Arab Emirates: PremierMiles
- Bahrain: PremierMiles
- China: PremierMiles
- Hong Kong: PremierMiles
- India: PremierMiles, Rewards, Ultima
- Indonesia: PremierMiles, Citi Rewards, Platinum, Telkomsel, Ultima
- Malaysia: PremierMiles, Citi Rewards
- Philippines: PremierMiles, Citi Rewards
- Singapore: PremierMiles, Citi Rewards
- United States: Citi ThankYou Premier, Citi Prestige, Citi Chairman
- Vietnam: PremierMiles
While this list does not state the Citi Prestige India, in my own experience, the last time this promotion was offered, the promotion did get honoured. Not to forget, with the Citi Prestige India, if you transfer 5000 points to convert to 20,000 miles within the first 6 months of the card activation, you also get another 30% bonus from Etihad Guest (6000 bonus miles). You have to make your conversions between March 31 to May 15 2015 to be able to benefit from this promotion.