I don’t know the inspiration for such a generous promotion, but it is something to note and act upon if you travel in the coming week.
Vistara to provide Club Vistara points equivalent to the Base Fare for one week only.
A new promotion made live on November 23, 2022, is offering customers of Vistara 100% of the base fare of their ticket as Club Vistara points after they travel. You can book a flight using any channel, including AirVistara.com and receive as many points as is the base fare of your Vistara ticket. The promotion is valid for travel on Vistara between November 23 and November 30, 2022. The promotion is valid for domestic as well as international travel.
So, for instance, if, in this case, you flew between Mumbai and Dubai (and back) during the week, you could get 85,000 Club Vistara points to your CV account. This includes the regular CV Points you earn on your travel as per your tier. The 100% base-fare points issued will be valid for four months from the date of issue (while the regular points earned via your tier earning will be valid for 36 months)
So, in this case, after travel, assuming a base tier member, you will get the following:
- Base CV points: 6810 CV Points (valid for 3 Years)
- Bonus CV points: 78310 CV Points (valid for four months)
Here are the essential terms and conditions of this promotion:
- This offer is valid on flights booked through any channel and flown between 23rd November & 30 November 2022 (both days inclusive).
- 100% CV Points will be issued based on the base fare of the ticket flown. For example: if the base fare is INR 2000, the total CV Points issued, including the bonus, will be 2000.
- For bookings made through Cash+Points, only the base fare portion paid in cash will be eligible for the Bonus CV Points.
- The validity of the bonus CV Points will be only four months from the date of issue.
- The bonus CV Points will be credited to your account within 15 days from the date of travel.
- The 100% Bonus offer will not be applicable on Tier Points.
- This offer is valid only on flights marketed and operated by Vistara.
- This offer does not apply to retro claims, awards, or redemption bookings.
- This offer is applicable across the Vistara network across all cabins.
- This offer will not be applicable in the event of cancellation or no-show.
- The offer will not be applicable if the flight is rescheduled to a date post the offer period.
Overall, I feel this is a generous promotion as long as you have booked and travelled on Vistara between November 23-30, 2022. Some people differ in interpretation, but I think even if that is the case, it is not like they will be rebooking tickets for now. The key thing to note is that the validity of the points is just for four months and that lately, last-minute award ticket availability has been not so generous (given flights are always running full). So, if you direct business to Vistara to partake in this promotion, be aware of these two aspects. And make it a point to update your Club Vistara membership number at the time of booking or check-in because retro claims will not get you the same benefits.
What do you think of this new promotion from Club Vistara? Will you participate in it?
Book your tickets on AirVistara.com
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.