It has been a year, where people have not flown much, and hence, airlines and loyalty programmes have not seen the kind of engagement that they usually see with their customers. So, apart from extending the elite membership year, many programmes have also now started rolling out their end of the year offers to come back into the customer’s consideration set. Club Vistara Points Transfer.
Club Vistara has now launched Points Fest, a tiered transfer promotion on December 1, which is valid for point transfers made till December 31, 2020. Vistara is offering between 10-50% bonus CV points on completing a transfer under this promotion. This promotion is on the lines of the February 2020 offer, but much more generous, allowing you to earn a bonus of up to 65,000 CV points.
Club Vistara Points Transfer promotion: Points Fest
Club Vistara is offering bonuses on transferring points from points transfer partners as per the following ratios:
- Convert into 1-25,000 Club Vistara points = 10% Bonus (up to 2,500 points)
- Convert into 25,001-50,000 Club Vistara points = 15% Bonus (up to 7,500 points)
- Convert into 50,001-100,000 Club Vistara points = 25% Bonus (up to 25,000 points)
- Convert into 100,001+ Club Vistara points = 50% Bonus
Club Vistara, has partnerships with the following banks/transfer partners, and the promotion is valid one-time on each transfer partners:
- Axis Bank eDGE Rewards (4 eDGE Rewards = 1 CV Point)
- American Express Membership Rewards (3 MR=1 CV point)
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Reward Points (1 Point = 1 CV Point)
- Yes Bank Reward Points (4 Yes Bank Points = 1 CV Point, for Private Card 1:1)
- IndusInd Bank Reward Points (2 IndusInd Bank Points = 1 CV Point, for Premium Card 1:1)
- Club ITC (3 ITC Green Points = 2 CV points)
To be clear, this promotion is not valid on co-brand card partners where you anyways earn Club Vistara points which directly bank to your Club Vistara Account. You need to be registered, here, before you transfer points.
Not just that, Club Vistara is also offering an opportunity to earn more bonus points when you book (direct) and fly Vistara by December 31, 2020.
- Transfer in 1-25,000 Club Vistara points, earn 500 bonus CV points on next flight.
- Transfer in 25,001-50,000 Club Vistara points, earn 1,000 bonus CV points on next flight
- Transfer in 50,001-100,000 Club Vistara points, earn 2,000 bonus CV points on next flight
- Transfer in 100,000+ Club Vistara points, earn 5,000 bonus CV points on next flight
Not just that, Club Vistara is also offering ten members who have the highest points transfer an opportunity to earn another bonus 10,000 CV points each. This bonus is only applicable to members who have done a point transfer and flight activity within the period of the offer.
As I mentioned above, the promotion is valid one-time on each transfer partner, which means, if you transferred in CV points from different partners, the number of bonus points you will receive would be in line with each transfer partner and how many points you received. For instance, if you transfer in 100K from Diners Club and 10K from Yes Bank, you get 125K total CV points on the transfers from Diners Club and 11000 total CV points on the transfer from Yes Bank. You can earn up to 65,000 bonus points on each transfer partner. The bonus points will be credited 45 days after the base points have been credited.
Club Vistara Bank Conversion Bonus eligible Credit Cards
The following cards are available for transfer:
- American Express
- The American Express Centurion Card
- The American Express Platinum Card
- The American Express Gold Card
- The American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card (currently free)
- The American Express Platinum Corporate Card
- The American Express Corporate Card
- The American Express Green Card
- The American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card (now free)
- Axis eDGE: All Axis Bank customers eligible for Axis Edge Programme
- HDFC Bank Diners Club
- HDFC Diners Black Credit Card
- HDFC Diners ClubMiles Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank
- Premium Credit Cards
- IndusInd Bank Indulge Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Crest Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Pioneer Heritage Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Pioneer Legacy Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Legend Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Pinnacle Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Signature Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Iconia Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Select Credit Card
- Non-Premium Credit Cards
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Edge Credit Card
- Premium Credit Cards
- YES Bank
- YES Prosperity Credit Cards
- YES Premia Credit Cards
- YES FIRST Credit Cards
- YES PRIVATE Credit Cards
Important Things to note
The offer needs you to convert points in a single transaction, so multiple smaller transactions from various banking partners will not get you one big bonus. You are eligible to get the bonus one time from each bank’s transactions. For instance, you convert your Bank Reward Points to 10,000 CV Points from one partner and another 25,001 CV Points from another Partner. In this case, you will be eligible for 1,000 bonus CV Points on the first conversion & 3,750 bonus CV Points for the second conversion.
All the points that you will receive will be valid for 36 months from the date of transfer.
Club Vistara is not JetPrivilege, and with JetPrivilege, I used to maintain a hefty balance to encash on international flights for upgrades and redemptions. Vistara, on the other hand, tends to follow a very Emirates Skywards kind of approach towards upgrades and redemption flights, keeping their Economy cabin very much accessible for all, but keeping their Business Class cabin very aspirational and not in the reach for those who want to try their product upfront with their hard-earned miles.
Vistara is building up a network outside India now, which was the reason I was not tempted the last time over, and I am started to get drawn now. A 5-hour Mumbai-Singapore flight cost 75,000 CV points one way in Business Class, a ten-hour flight to London Heathrow costs 120,000 CV Points. Inflated to protect the Business cabin, but not by that much.
I usually don’t advocate points transfers unless you have a specific redemption in mind. Still, in this case, this is a generous offer for high rollers who will be able to swing in over 100K points to Vistara in one transaction. It is also great for those who don’t chase Vistara status, but would like an occasional upgrade or few as you can use CV points for the upgrades.
Ultimately, there are only two risks to keep in mind concerning this promotion. One, if any devaluations come into play at any point in time, then the whole exercise is moot. Although I don’t think any airline will make adverse changes to their charts in the coming days, given the empty cabins, they have to fill for now. Secondly, points expire in 36 months if not used. Given I do a lot of revenue flights to protect my status on the airline, I hardly find myself using miles to redeem, and that becomes a problem then.
Vistara’s new promotion is good for some and great for some others and allows you to earn a big load of Club Vistara miles by transferring in from other credit cards/hotel transfer partners.
What do you make of the Club Vistara Points Fest Transfer Bonus?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.