Citibank Credit Card Customers travelling abroad are going to be able to get a better deal spending abroad through the middle of this month, with the Citibank credit card forex charge waiver in effect.
Citibank is currently running a promotion till January 15, 2019, where spending a minimum cumulative amount of INR 150,000 will offer a 100% cashback on the forex markup. All charges made through a non-INR PoS (point of sale) will be considered for this promotion.
The maximum cashback for the forex charge waiver is set to INR 10,000, which means spends up to INR 330,000 on international transactions during the promotion will avail the markup reversal. Each add-on card will count as a separate product. Citibank PremierMiles, Citibank Cashback and Citi Prestige are some of the cards which will count towards the new promotion.
Here are some essential terms and conditions regarding the promotion:
- The offer is valid for all Citibank credit card customers, except for Citi Corporate Card customers and Citibank Rewards Domestic Credit Card customers.
- You can avail this promotion till January 15, 2019.
- The maximum cashback you can avail is for Rs. 10,000/-
- The offer is valid only on Citi credit cards that are issued in India.
- Add on cards will be treated as separate cards
- Transactions performed using Dynamic Currency Conversion, i.e. where the billing currency for the international transaction has opted as INR will not qualify as an eligible transaction.
- Cashback will be credited into customers account within 90 days from the date of the transaction.
This is an excellent opportunity for Citibank customers to save on international transactions if you will be travelling during the promotion period. Also, with add-on cards counted as individual cards, you can indulge a bit more without worrying about the forex charges.
In case you are on the road, and one of the many Citibank customers who frequent our site, this one is for you then.