British Airways, as if on cue, has launched a double Avios promotion for travel on the airline in the last months of 2023. The airline will offer double Avios for travel done through January 2024. This will be the first time you get Double Avios after the airline switched to a revenue-based system for awarding Avios.
Earn Double Avios on British Airways flights in Winters of 2023/24
British Airways is offering Executive Club members double Avios on up to 10 flights for their travels this winter. The promotion has just been launched, and you have up to November 21, 2023, to register for the promotion.
You need to register for the promotion before you book tickets. Here is the UK link, which works for most of the world. A “thank you” message will be displayed to confirm your successful registration. After registration, you can book your tickets (by November 21, 2023) and travel by January 14, 2024, to receive your double Avios.
For this promotion, qualifying flights mean a single leg of a journey that departs from one location and lands in another, e.g. Edinburgh to London. They can be booked as one-way, returns, multi-trip bookings or as part of a holiday, where each individual leg counts towards a maximum of ten flights. For instance,
- London–New York with no return would be one Qualifying Flight.
- London-New York-London would be two Qualifying Flights.
- Edinburgh-London-New York-London-Edinburgh would be four Qualifying Flights.
Here is the full definition of Qualifying Flights:
- Any flight with a BA prefix on any selling class or cabin on any BA-operated service (excluding Reward Flights or upgrades using Avios).
- Any flight included as part of a Qualifying Holiday
- Any flight with a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between Europe and North America.
- Any domestic flights within the UK, on SUN-AIR, Euroflyer or CityFlyer.
- Any other flights operated by any other BA franchisees, codeshare partners or oneworld alliance members will not qualify.
The key is that existing bookings do not qualify, and only new bookings made post-registration will count for double Avios. Double Avios will automatically post within 24-48 hours of the completion of each eligible flight. In October 2023, British Airways switched to a new revenue-based system for awarding Avios on travel. And here is how many Avios you receive on your travels:
- Blue members receive six Avios per GBP 1 spent
- Bronze members receive seven Avios per GBP 1 spent
- Silver members receive eight Avios per GBP 1 spent
- Gold members receive nine Avios per GBP 1 spent
With this offer, members are looking at earning between 12 Avios and 18 Avios per GBP 1 spent on travel (pre-taxes).
Double Avios is awarded on the first ten Qualifying Flights flown after registering and booking. However, the booking order does not determine the order in which Qualifying Flights are awarded. The bookings must be made between October 24 – November 21, 2023, and travel must be completed by January 14, 2024.
Double Avios is calculated from the total spend, including extras such as cabin upgrades, pre-paid seating, and additional bags.
If you have more than ten segments, it could be worth crediting the more significant segments to British Airways Executive Club, and the less lucrative segments to another programme.
British Airways has a new promotion offering double Avios on ten upcoming flights. You must register, book by November 21, 2023, and fly by January 14, 2024, to be eligible. This is an offer we see every so often, so be sure you register if you have any upcoming flights.
Do you plan to participate in the British Airways Executive Club double Avios promotion?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.