American Express has been doing some good work behind the scenes to enable users to get benefits out of their cards. American Express, for the longest time, has been using a separate website which would be used for users to register for targetted offers. Also, many times, the offer emails would come in much later than the offer being officially launched.
Now, American Express has made a new enhancement to the offers section, adding it directly under the transactions section of every card account that you have on offer. This way, you get to see new offers, and even expiring soon promotions all in one place. This capability was already available on the American Express USA website and now offered in India too.
For example, these are the Amex Offers listed on my Jet Airways Platinum Credit Card:
And here are the offers listed on my American Express Platinum Card:
Like you can see, there are some excellent cashback offers presented here which one can register for right away.
- Uber: Get INR 100 cashback on three times paying for your Uber with American Express for at least INR 250.
- Amazon India: Spend INR 5,000 or more and get a 10% cashback (up to a max of INR 1,500, 1 time-use).
- BookMyShow: Spend INR 1,500 or more and get a 10% cashback (up to a max of INR 250, multiple uses)
- Swiggy: Spend INR 500 or more three times on your Amex, and get INR 200 cashback. (1-time use)
- Flipkart: Spend INR 5,000 or more and get a 10% cashback (up to a max of INR 1,500, 1-time use).
- BigBasket: Spend INR 3,000 or more and get a 10% cashback (up to a max of INR 1,000, multiple uses).
These promotions are going to show up as and when your account is targetted but then you would have to expressly opt-in by clicking Save to Card for the promotion. I’ve seen promotions being pushed out on the following cards as of now:
- American Express Platinum Card
- American Express Platinum Reserve Card
- American Express Gold Card (INR 1000 only)
- American Express Platinum Travel Card (Currently Free)
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card (Currently Free)
I think this is a pretty good addition to the American Express website interface. You should go to your American Express personal websites, and login and check your own Amex Offers India.
Tell us more about what the Amex Offers India that you have received in the comments below?