American Express is continuously innovating on the product proposition of the American Express Platinum Card. Over the year, they have been bringing about many changes to the card product, only for the better. Now, another new one pops up, although for a limited period initially, which is the Amex Meet and Greet Service.
Amex Meet and Greet service launched for travel out of Delhi Airport
American Express is now offering a Meet and Greet Service for Domestic trips out of Delhi Airport to customers who book their travel with the American Express Platinum Travel Services. As a part of the new proposition, Amex is offering, to the Platinum Cardmember (primary) and up to three accompanying people, one Meet and Greet per quarter.
The Meet and Greet service includes:
- Meet Cardmember on arrival at the passenger drop off zone, with baggage porter at the gate.
- Hold an American Express branded sign with the cardmember’s name
- Coordinate with the airline for a wheelchair if needed
- Carry out all check-in processes, subject to airline and security regulations
- Provide Cardmember with buggy from security to Boarding gates
- Escort Card members into the lounge and ensure they are comfortable.
- Meet Cardmember at the lounge when it is time to board and escort to the boarding gate (arrange first or the last boarding as needed)
- Assist with boarding, avoid all queues at the boarding gate
- Remain on standby until the Cardmember has boarded the flight.
- Assist with hand-carry baggage from arrival gate to Boarding gate
While Citibank used to have such a service for their Prestige Cardmembers in the APAC region, it was withdrawn as the card fell from good times. Allways, which is a part of the Plaza Premium Group, will be handling the services for Amex.
For now, it seems American Express is building expertise on this product, so it is only being offered for a period till February 2022, and one Platinum Cardmember can only avail of this one time per quarter. This is similar to the Meet and Assist service which is already offered to the Centurion Cardmembers globally and only valid when tickets are booked via the American Express Platinum Travel Services.
Any service for an extra person over and above 4, will be chargeable, and children aged two or over are counted as one person.
Cardmembers are required to reach out to Platinum Travel & Lifestyle Services for booking the service a minimum of 48 hours before travel.
American Express has added one more feather to their cap with the launch of this new service, even if it is only at the Delhi Airport for the time being. Apart from American Express, only Axis Bank provides such meet and greet services for some of their higher-end cardmembers at the moment.
What do you think of this new Meet and Greet service made available by Amex? Do you find it useful?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.